By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2016: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl LI

Who will win Super Bowl LI?

New England Patriots 51 47.66%

Kansas City Chiefs 3 2.80%

Pittsburgh Steelers 6 5.61%

Other (AFC) 3 2.80%

Dallas Cowboys 10 9.35%

Atlanta Falcons 15 14.02%

Seattle Seahawks 5 4.67%

Green Bay Packers 5 4.67%

Other (NFC) 4 3.74%

Scoreboard 5 4.67%

Total:107

There is no hope for the Packers defense this season. Vikings, or Lions in playoffs and both are terrible too. At least we will probably get 2 teams from NFC east.

Around the Network

Thanks to the Packers extra-shitty defense, I was able to band-aid together a winning fantasy team even with like 8 players on a bye this week. Started Cousins, Kelley, and Crowder. I could see the points lighting up on the screen like I was playing Borderlands, LOL. Injuries or not, holy shit what a dumpster fire that defense is.

Man, Bengals lose AJ Green and Bernard. AJ probably done for the season, Bernard certainly is with a torn ACL.

Speaking of AJ Green, I had submitted a trade (Leveon Bell for Green) I cancelled it though. So I dodged two trade bullets

RolStoppable said:
The Packers have so many injuries on defense that it isn't funny anymore. They surrendered more points over a four game span than any team in the Super Bowl era, and by a comfortable margin too. What makes this even more frustrating is that Aaron Rodgers has been playing better and more like his old self lately, but asking the offense to score over 35 points in each game to have a shot at winning is just too much.

The chance to win the NFC North is still alive, but if the defense remains this depleted due to injuries, then the Packers will have lost eight games before long.

I've been doing absolutely terrible in the prediction league these past two weeks. My playoff chances have dropped to about the same level as the Packers'. Looks like my fantasy team is the only good thing left.

#SmashingRecords

Slight alteration for tonight's game
Lets do Raiders by 14

Around the Network

Wow this Houston coach is either an idiot, or has a bad support staff. His RB clearly got the 1st down on 3rd and short, and he didn't challenge an absolutely horrendous spot that left him at 4th and inches, and NOW he challenges when he will probably lose. What a farce lol. I'm glad I'm not a Texans fan, or I'd be losing my mind right now.

Yep, 4th and 1 turnover on downs due to idiot coach. This will be news hahaha. Refs totally butt-effed the Texans with the spot, and then the Texans coach has cobwebs in his skull instead of a brain, easy challenge : easy 1st down on the 15.

They should just leave those refs in Mexico

Cirio said:
They should just leave those refs in Mexico

Yeah MAN this year has been bad. I think possibly worse than the replacement refs.

That call was BLATANTLY a bad spot. Part of the blame lies on the Houston coach baffling everyone by not challenging it, as even Stevie Wonder could tell they made their 3rd down push at the 15.

If the 1st down is achieved, then Houston has it 1st and 10 at the 15, with 4 minutes to go, 20-20. Worst case (probably) is a 23-20 game. But with the way Houston had momentum and confidence at that point, it could easily have been 27-20 with ~2-3 minutes left in the 4th. So, then we'd get a possible Oakland TD drive and overtime, or Houston may have gotten hot and stopped them. The emotional charge and momentum shift with that 4th down stop was an absolute dagger, and IMHO the single most responsible party was the horrendous officating crew. Just trash.

I say that as someone who couldn't care less about the Texans, I picked OAK in this game. But I'd rather lose to be honest, and see an honestly-called game, than some blatant garbage-tier game-throwing shitfest by the refs. WOW. I hope this is a big story tomorrow, because Blandino and Co need to be carted off to the East river and given concrete shoes. The NFL would be much better with quality officiating.

Wow I really missed 1 game this week....... TRAGIC

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!