By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon Go latest updates (0.31.0)

0.31.0 ?

Yay! 12 27.27%

Ugh! 26 59.09%

Who took my Gym?! 6 13.64%

Total:44
Cloudman said:
Is this update very recent? I haven't had any problems with it, aside from the poke tracker no longer working anymore, which is very lame. I see new pokemon pop up on it, but I have no way of tracking it down. What's the point of the tracker now?! Ugh... Besides that, everything else still works fine and it's still fun.

I don't have an exact time on it, since I wasn't out at all today, but reports were showing up from about 5 or 6 hours ago.

Around the Network

Update is shit, Niantic are going to kill the game themselves.
Pokevision was what kept a lot of people playing because of your broken system. Now you get rid of it and your shit system and lower the radius.
You know the idea is to keep your player base happy right, not to frustrate them and drive them away.

ktay95 said:
Pokevision was what kept a lot of people playing because of your broken system. Now you get rid of it and your shit system and lower the radius.
You know the idea is to keep your player base happy right, not to frustrate them and drive them away.

Perhaps this is their great idea to lower server load, by making people leave in disgust.

Just got a weird glitch, my pokemon will not fight anymore in the second gym battle. They're simply not responding. It takes a lot longer to take down a gym with only -500 prestige from having to quit after the first battle.

fordy said:
Cloudman said:
Is this update very recent? I haven't had any problems with it, aside from the poke tracker no longer working anymore, which is very lame. I see new pokemon pop up on it, but I have no way of tracking it down. What's the point of the tracker now?! Ugh... Besides that, everything else still works fine and it's still fun.

I don't have an exact time on it, since I wasn't out at all today, but reports were showing up from about 5 or 6 hours ago.

I see. I was playing it before that time. I'll need to check on my game then.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Well, I booted it up and I noticed some things already.

- text has been changed, ranging from sizing and space.
- some achievements have pictures now, which is cool
- no more steps on pokemon

And... that's about it. I'm still my lvl and such.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

fordy said:
Ganoncrotch said:
The removal of the footsteps and pokevision is pretty daft... I mean it just makes the whole experience less functional, where is the + to doing that?

Thankfully I'm still grand with everything but that 70m radius is going to make one of the Gyms in my town inaccessible completely during the evenings because the gps location of it is actually just on the limit of 100m from the footpath near it. so yeah... town just lost a Gym, shame.

Totally agree. At the very least, Niantic could have allowed PokeVision as a temporary measure, until the radar issue is solved. However, I do believe that there are plans here that Niantec are keeping from us *cough*permanent removal*cough*. I personally don't use PokeVision, but I do understand why some others do...

70m radius will only add to this frustration. In the first week that this game was released, it was fun to use the tracker to pinpoint a Pokemon's location. Now it involves aimlessly wandering around a spot blindly until you find something. I can't count how many times a Pokemon has slipped away because of this, as well as a glitch involving old radar results not disappearing. Now that the radial search area has halved, I can only see this becoming a lot more common.

It's not just that here in Ireland we have a lot of areas which have fairly dense tree cover which absolutely destroys GPS on some low end phones, there are some areas of parks here where we just can't venture into as a group because someone will have issues and have to just wait out that part of the trip, I tend to go hunting Mon in a group of 4 so tech issues take up more than half the time we are actually going around together doing it. But yeah what I mean is... if an area was buggy before to enter but you could stay 100m away and still trigger the Gym/Pokemon in it... that was great, but now you'll have whole areas cut off from "play"

On top of the obvious fact that this new radius will mean lots more crossing of roads to get to gyms / pokemon than before since the radius will no longer reach places at the other side of the street so they have just made the game more dangerous to play.... stupid.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

fordy said:
ktay95 said:

Perhaps this is their great idea to lower server load, by making people leave in disgust.

I can't imagine they would do that... since the game would already have turned off a lot of the casual players with the tech issues would a company go out of their way to damage their playerbase so early?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Still level 11, still can transfer pokémon with the additional menu on the pokémon display screen.

Not a fan of the smaller radius, and as for the tracking system, as long as they're trying to fix it, I don't mind it being removed, it didn't work anyway.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Ganoncrotch said:
fordy said:

Totally agree. At the very least, Niantic could have allowed PokeVision as a temporary measure, until the radar issue is solved. However, I do believe that there are plans here that Niantec are keeping from us *cough*permanent removal*cough*. I personally don't use PokeVision, but I do understand why some others do...

70m radius will only add to this frustration. In the first week that this game was released, it was fun to use the tracker to pinpoint a Pokemon's location. Now it involves aimlessly wandering around a spot blindly until you find something. I can't count how many times a Pokemon has slipped away because of this, as well as a glitch involving old radar results not disappearing. Now that the radial search area has halved, I can only see this becoming a lot more common.

It's not just that here in Ireland we have a lot of areas which have fairly dense tree cover which absolutely destroys GPS on some low end phones, there are some areas of parks here where we just can't venture into as a group because someone will have issues and have to just wait out that part of the trip, I tend to go hunting Mon in a group of 4 so tech issues take up more than half the time we are actually going around together doing it. But yeah what I mean is... if an area was buggy before to enter but you could stay 100m away and still trigger the Gym/Pokemon in it... that was great, but now you'll have whole areas cut off from "play"

On top of the obvious fact that this new radius will mean lots more crossing of roads to get to gyms / pokemon than before since the radius will no longer reach places at the other side of the street so they have just made the game more dangerous to play.... stupid.

I've noticed a few glitches with the gyms even before this update too. Most notably, if your character decides to go running off on the map while in a gym battle, it will kick you out. That gym is then inaccessible until you battle in another gym (yes, not even restarting the game/tablet will fix this. It has to be reset in another gym).

Not sure if that got fixed in this version.