By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony issues statement on GT5 Prologue delay (Download version)

Sony has finally issued a statement regarding the no-show of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PSN, which was supposed to launch yesterday.

"Unfortunately due to some last minute technical difficulties, we were unable to publish the new content to the PS Store yesterday," Sony told CVG.

"We are working to resolve these issues and will let you know as soon as new content is posted," it added, but failing to put even a rough time frame on when the downloadable version will eventually arrive.

Sony tells CVG that it will release more information, including an ETA on the download, in a statement later today.

Customer Support managers have told callers that it may not appear until Saturday "at the earliest."

The Blu-ray version of the game is on sale in shops now, for the same £24.99 price tag as the would-be downloadable version.

Around the Network

get it at amazon for 17 pounds.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I don't buy demos. And really that's all this is... Another way for a big company to generate revenue from us the consumer. They are forcing us to buy a demo to get a really good racing game... I hate it when companies do things like this.

NeoRatt said:
I don't buy demos. And really that's all this is... Another way for a big company to generate revenue from us the consumer. They are forcing us to buy a demo to get a really good racing game... I hate it when companies do things like this.

Dont be silly this is not a demo... and sony did not put a gun to your head. if you dont like it dont buy it. Sony is not forcing anybody.

I for one wish more companies would give us projects 1 full year before release for a cheap price and full online mode. i will have this 1st day and i will have no problem getting the real thing a year later.

>. They are forcing us to buy a demo to get a really good racing game.

Like how Microsoft makes you buy a console, to get really good games?

See how your logic makes no sense?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

i would be glad to buy part of a game. a year early than the actual release.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

@Neoratt---its a good game right...your a gamer right....so whats wrong with adding a game to your collection?

i mena its not like they are charging full price right?

NeoRatt said:

I think you finally lost it NeoRatt, its not a demo, its a prologue. Phony Digital is not making you buy the game, if you want to play GT5p now then buy it, if not then wait until the next GT game is shipped. I also doubt you care about giving money to game companies, you own 9 next gen systems. And 178 xbox360 games, and 72 XBLA games.

NeoRatt owns 169 Xbox 360 games (and only 6 PS3 games).

Sony and Online just dont seem to go.