By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One man game - Lost Soul Aside

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
thatguymarco said:
I think that this, and other games like Undertale, Dust: An Elysian Tale, and Cave Story pretty much leave us no excuse to not give it a shot in life and try to make our dreams a reality. Also, HOT DAMN, this looks even better than the 2013 FFXV trailer, and that's saying a lot, no matter if my PC can't run this, I'm buying this day one just to show my support.

Well, I don't want to discount this guy's work by any means but after hearing a lot of FFXV bashing like 1 guy and 2 years vs a whole team and 10 years I think I should point out the obvious that there's not much in the world of this game from what we can see so far.  It's still in development obviously, but the complications of game design exponentiate the more objects and differentiating environments you put in.

Bethesda knows this issue very well.  They usually have the most interactable objects ever and their games glitch/freeze like a mofo.

I'm aware that this has no chance of being as big or as detailed as a game done by a big team of developers, but that's also comforting to know, since I can see this game being a lot more focused in what it's trying to do, and also the fact that this game won't have the pressure to aim to please absolutely everyone who plays it while compromising its goals and vision in the process, which is what I feel happened to FFXV.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

Looks damm good!

Holy shit, I can't believe this is made by one person. The combat looks really fun and i love how the dragonish companion can ve used to fly.

Zeroroute said:
It seems Sony and Epic have reached out to him http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/01/lost-soul-asides-developer-making-plans-for-the-future-contacted-by-sony-and-epic-games/

This would be a perfect fit for Sony Japan. Most their staff must be coming of TLG now so this could be a new side project for them. 

I'll have to read up now on this game. I love hack n slash and there hasn't been many this gen so far. 

Fei-Hung said:

This would be a perfect fit for Sony Japan. Most their staff must be coming of TLG now so this could be a new side project for them. 

I'll have to read up now on this game. I love hack n slash and there hasn't been many this gen so far. 

I'm honestly hoping he takes the KS route or at ebst with Epic since 1) it's their engine he's using which allows them to aid him specifically with what he needs and 2) We all get to play his game rather than the option with Sony where only Sony has the game. His game honestly should be allowed to be played by all of us and not specifically tied to a platform with cash, at elast with KS we can all pitch in and he can still get help from the likes of Epic and have it published. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Hoping it's one that allows his game to be played by more people than just one system. It honestly deserves to be played by more than just a single brand group.

If it's SE then he should probably ask if he's going to get it done within the decade =P.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"