By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 1.77 mil. MHP2G first day in Japan!!!!!? (Holy Crap!!!)

My officemates are crazy for MH. Sometimes they stay late at night in the office to have MH sessions. They are crazy with the in-game items, hunts, etc.

But Phantasy Star is also going to the PSP. MH generally patterned it's gameplay to PSO.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Around the Network

650k first day?

Last time it was 700 first week (MHP 2)

This looks like it could be the biggest opening for a PSP game... EVAR! May actually top 1 mil.

And the legs on this thing are going to be absolutely fantastic. MHP 2 is still selling.

I hope they bring this to the states.

Could it be that Monster Hunter is just a much better game than Pokemon, and sells well because of it?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Could it be that Monster Hunter is just a much better game than Pokemon, and sells well because of it?

Quite possible, yes.

The sales are impressive so far but I´m far more curious how the PSP will sell this week in Japan. 100k seems like a given but then again we´ll have to see if the sales remain high or drop down during the summer again. Let´s hope the sales will stay high - that would cause bigger competition in Japan and force Nintendo to drop DS price (finally).