By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shares Plunge 17% After Saying Pokemon Go’s Impact Is Limited

Goodnightmoon said:
Seventizz said:
Hype can't sustain a bad game.

The number of active players has not decreased at all, check your facts.

If the activity outside my house is anything to go by, it's still increasing. Schools are out for the summer now, here, and the Pokestop just opposite me is very popular.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Notice how the op hasn't said a word about any of this so far?. He's just posted a link and added nothing else. Makes me wonder what would happen if he were to talk of the current situation with Pokemon Go.

If I'm not mistaken, Op has already admitted he don't like Nintendo, so I don't see what's the problem of his post.

It's not like he can't post this or other kind news. The messenger is the least of the problems. Regardless of whoever posted, the results will be the same.

Goodnightmoon said:

Expected, they probably made that statement intentionally to stabilize the numbers, they were very inflated, better now than later, it will rocket jump again with AC and this time they'll get most of the cake.

Pavolink said:
Dream ended too soon...

What dream? lol 

The dream of the impressive bump. But guess it was impossible to avoid this situation due to the nature of the market. Wanna see once AC and FE if we will see another similar bump.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Expected, they probably made that statement intentionally to stabilize the numbers, they were very inflated, better now than later, it will rocket jump again with AC and this time they'll get most of the cake.

What dream? lol 

The dream of the impressive bump. But guess it was impossible to avoid this situation due to the nature of the market. Wanna see once AC and FE if we will see another similar bump.

The bump is still very impressive nonetheless, is just more realistic now. I'm sure we'll see another major bump with AC unless the game is complete trash, wich could happen.

What is this, you have to show some kind of proof of allegiance to a particular company before you can post a negative thread about them? If this were fringe stuff or something from a sketchy source then that might have some meaning but this is both topical and widely reported. On top of that, it's not even that bad, as many, many people expected normalization.

An ad hominem attack doesn't reverse anything.

Goodnightmoon said:
Seventizz said:
Hype can't sustain a bad game.

from what i've read it is down about 15% from it's peak in the usa.  25million --> 21 million.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
What is this, you have to show some kind of proof of allegiance to a particular company before you can post a negative thread about them? If this were fringe stuff or something from a sketchy source then that might have some meaning but this is both topical and widely reported. On top of that, it's not even that bad, as many, many people expected normalization.

An ad hominem attack doesn't reverse anything.

if the op hadn't posted the article nintendo's stock would have never declined.

#trumpiness

kitler53 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

from what i've read it is down about 15% from it's peak in the usa.  25million --> 21 million.

Not in europe, certainly not in Japan and definitively that 15% down in US since its peak 11 days ago has nothing to do with this plunge.

RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

I notice that this makes twice that you've had a go at him for it. Someone wanna fill me in on why this topic is an issue for him?

Go to his profile and click on his moderation history to get a quick summary of his personality.

Posting bad news (or in this case, something that is perceived as bad news by the thread creator) is a common way to post something negative without fear of consequences while at the same time it still provides gratification.

The OP has in the past openly admitted his hate for Nintendo. He also admitted he loves negative Nintendo news and scours for negative articles to post in these forums. Its a form of stealth trolling, and I can see why some Nintendo fans take may take offence.

Goodnightmoon said:
kitler53 said:

Not in europe, certainly not in Japan and definitively that 15% down in US since its peak 11 days ago has nothing to do with this plunge.

only responding to your statement.  you ask to "check your facts" and i did.  active players has decreased in america.  europe and japan obviously launched later so those numbers are not conclusive towards either argument.

Investors finds out Nintendo doesn't make Pokemon Go = Shares Drop

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5