By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Nintendo delay either:

Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or Super Mario Galaxy.

They have done it to us before, and they'll do it to us again, there's no way they'll release all 3 of those mega titles this year, they don't NEED too.

UNLESS they have some real surprises we don't know about for 2008.

Around the Network

Metroid is scheduled for August 20th

Did you ever notice how every year the PS2 had a good line-up regardless on whether Sony released any well known game in the year? If Nintendo can sell 1.2 Million consoles per month outside of the holiday season, and 4 Million consoles within the holiday season, I suspect Nintendo will not need to release as large of games in the following year to sell systems.

I would kind of agree. Nintendo held off on Zelda:TP until the Wii rolled out, so it'd have a major game to sell alongside their ultra-casual titles. MP3 should do reasonably well, but not hold off the need for a new game for some time. By Nov-Dec, they'll need atleast 1 major game in either SSBB or SMG. Look at MS, they're doing the same thing by bumping up H3 about 1 and 1/2 months.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

nintendo is in an excellent position....they are providing consumers with alot of games...so we shouldnt never have to worry about the Wii having games in the future...just the simple fact thats its nintendo and their franchises are so well established....

Around the Network

Corruption will be out in August, and SSBB and SMG will be out in the fall, there is no reason for them to hold back on those games, release them now, they'll sell for quite a while and continue to drive console sales for months

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I guess they are pulling out the big guns to battle 360's Holiday season line-up, and when I say "Big Guns" we're talking probably the biggest guns they have.

Unless of course 2008 surprises include things like: Nintendogs Wii, Animal Crossing Wii, and Another Code Wii (Trace Memory).

They won't be delayed - this makes too much sense as it is. Plenty of games for next year as well. Whether they all make it out to the US/Europe by the end of the year, is another question though... Metroid - August Galaxy - Pre-Xmas (late October or November) Smash Bros - Xmas (early Dec)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ArtofAngels said:

I guess they are pulling out the big guns to battle 360's Holiday season line-up, and when I say "Big Guns" we're talking probably the biggest guns they have.

Unless of course 2008 surprises include things like: Nintendogs Wii, Animal Crossing Wii, and Another Code Wii (Trace Memory).

Better For Nintendo to get out its big guns right now and then give thir parties a gap early next year for their wares before stuff like Animal Crossing and the such release

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I don't expect those games to be delayed either, just because they were already delayed. Corruption should have been a release title, the other two were supposed to come out in early 07 if I remember correctly.

It is also no surprise that those games will be released so early in the consoles lifecycle, it was exactly the same with the GC. For europe the schedule was:

GC launch may 02
SSB launch june 02
Mario launch (around) september 02
Metroid launch march 03
zelda launch may 03

I never had the feeling that there were less games after that period, Nintendo has a lot of other franchises up in their sleeves. But I think something has changed in the last couple of years: Games are announced much closer to their release date, i.e. you hear first about a game around a year before its release date.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)