By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Sucks

Which one do you like?

My Nintendo 25 26.60%

Club Nintendo 69 73.40%

Total:94

What the fuck is this shit?  You have a bunch of different coins like star coins, mushroom coins and Miitomo coins.  I barely remember the difference between the gold and platinum but somehow if I remember correctly that gold is the best coin?  I don't even see a link to how to redeem the damn coins (wait I am just stoned and didn't scroll down).  The site blows. 

Bring back Club Nintendo.  I'd rather fill out surveys.  Only improvement I can see is that they award you for purchasing digital games except now apparently you get no reward for physical games.  They should have just kept Club Nintendo as it was.

Around the Network

Gold coins work the same way that club nintendo did. Platinum coins are just an added feature that let you unlock in-game stuff by earning achievements

It is sadly confusing. Why not have just one currency. This is a very incoherent rewards program and not nearly as simple and fun as Club Nintendo. Maybe it'll shine more when NX arrives. Maybe there's more to it that is already shown...or most likely not.

Yep, haven't redeemed shit from them. Maybe if they finally make Platinum coins useful or have games worth buying to earn Gold coins I'd give a fuck but right now Club Nintendo destroyed thus shit.

RolStoppable said:

The My Nintendo website has a menu button at the top left from where you can easily access the mission page (to look up how you can earn coins) and the reward page.

Yea, I'm not down to do missions unless I somehow complete a mission without even knowing.  Surveys were almost a chore but it got to the point where you could do a couple within a few mins with the usual complaint of terrible VC support. 

Around the Network

I think that might be part of the problem, Rol. You explained all that and I, a person who's never used My Nintendo, still has no idea what you're talking about. It could be that I'm an idiot - which is possible, or, more likely, it's bad conveyance. A product should be as close to instantly understandable as possible(Pokemon GO/Wii vs. 3DS/Wii U) for the consumer.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

The bad thing about My Nintendo is that Gold coins can only be obtained by buying digital stuff. So if you're like me and prefer to buy physically, there's no reward for it.

Other than that I like it more, Gold coins are redeemed automatically, and the others just scroll down or look for the Missions. No big deal.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Soma said:

The bad thing about My Nintendo is that Gold coins can only be obtained by buying digital stuff. So if you're like me and prefer to buy physically, there's no reward for it.

Other than that I like it more, Gold coins are redeemed automatically, and the others just scroll down or look for the Missions. No big deal.

So there isn't any coins given for buying physical anymore? 

After the changes Nintendo did I lost my account and I don't know why.

sethnintendo said:
Soma said:

So there isn't any coins given for buying physical anymore? 

As far as I know, no. Just digital stuff  :(

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069