Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Sucks

Which one do you like?

My Nintendo 25 26.60%

Club Nintendo 69 73.40%

Total:94

What the fuck is this shit?  You have a bunch of different coins like star coins, mushroom coins and Miitomo coins.  I barely remember the difference between the gold and platinum but somehow if I remember correctly that gold is the best coin?  I don't even see a link to how to redeem the damn coins (wait I am just stoned and didn't scroll down).  The site blows. 

Bring back Club Nintendo.  I'd rather fill out surveys.  Only improvement I can see is that they award you for purchasing digital games except now apparently you get no reward for physical games.  They should have just kept Club Nintendo as it was.

Around the Network

Gold coins work the same way that club nintendo did. Platinum coins are just an added feature that let you unlock in-game stuff by earning achievements

It is sadly confusing. Why not have just one currency. This is a very incoherent rewards program and not nearly as simple and fun as Club Nintendo. Maybe it'll shine more when NX arrives. Maybe there's more to it that is already shown...or most likely not.

Yep, haven't redeemed shit from them. Maybe if they finally make Platinum coins useful or have games worth buying to earn Gold coins I'd give a fuck but right now Club Nintendo destroyed thus shit.

Its to make it harder to get the rewards and in turn make you do more stuff (i.e. buy more stuff, etc).

Club Nintendo was pretty easy as it was which is why they changed it ;p

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

There are only gold and platinum coins. There may also be the category of Miitomo coins, but they are platinum all the same. The main difference between gold and platinum coins is that you get the former for spending money on the eShop while you get the latter for tasks that are not about spending money. Logically, gold coins have a higher value when you are about to redeem them for rewards.

The My Nintendo website has a menu button at the top left from where you can easily access the mission page (to look up how you can earn coins) and the reward page. It's a lot better than Club Nintendo because new rewards are added more frequently, and if you are logged in with your account on the website, you get notifications at the time that new rewards are added.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:

The My Nintendo website has a menu button at the top left from where you can easily access the mission page (to look up how you can earn coins) and the reward page.

Yea, I'm not down to do missions unless I somehow complete a mission without even knowing.  Surveys were almost a chore but it got to the point where you could do a couple within a few mins with the usual complaint of terrible VC support. 

I think that might be part of the problem, Rol. You explained all that and I, a person who's never used My Nintendo, still has no idea what you're talking about. It could be that I'm an idiot - which is possible, or, more likely, it's bad conveyance. A product should be as close to instantly understandable as possible(Pokemon GO/Wii vs. 3DS/Wii U) for the consumer.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

The bad thing about My Nintendo is that Gold coins can only be obtained by buying digital stuff. So if you're like me and prefer to buy physically, there's no reward for it.

Other than that I like it more, Gold coins are redeemed automatically, and the others just scroll down or look for the Missions. No big deal.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

sethnintendo said:
RolStoppable said:

The My Nintendo website has a menu button at the top left from where you can easily access the mission page (to look up how you can earn coins) and the reward page.

Yea, I'm not down to do missions unless I somehow complete a mission without even knowing.  Surveys were almost a chore but it got to the point where you could do a couple within a few mins with the usual complaint of terrible VC support. 

Missions are a lot more convenient than the surveys of the past. Logging in weekly on the eShop and Miiverse nets 30 platinum coins each, that's very little effort.

Gold coins are added automatically to your My Nintendo account, so you don't even need to visit the website to collect the coins.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club