By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting Spree at Munich Mall: 10 Dead, Shooter German-Iranian

RolStoppable said:
barneystinson69 said:

Yes, that was the media reporting. I'm just here updating people like I'm sure everyone else is. If CNN is confirming they're Islamic terrorists, I will be putting that out there. If its wrong, then yes I am wrong. But all I'm asking right now is 100% confirmation that there are no additional gunmen. 

You were going on about islam before the CNN "confirmation" of it. I mean, when I first posted in this thread you took issue with me saying that the event doesn't look like an islamic attack.

Given how many attacks that Islamic groups have directed towards Europe, it wouldn't be a surprising result. And what makes you think it isn't an Islamic attack? So far, I've heard nothing about it being an ethnic German or neo-nazi attack (which it probably isn't). 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
barneystinson69 said:

Given how many attacks that Islamic groups have directed towards Europe, it wouldn't be a surprising result. And what makes you think it isn't an Islamic attack? So far, I've heard nothing about it being an ethnic German or neo-nazi attack (which it probably isn't). 

Didn't match the pattern of an islamic attack.

What makes you think that it probably wasn't a German?

Does match a terrorist attack in the typical sense. (Terrorist attacks have an pattern, I don't want to get into that). It could very much still be Islamic. However it does sound very much lone wolf. Which if it is Islamic, that stupid organization is gonna take credit. 

The Munich shooting was exactly 5 years after the attacks in Oslo/Utoya.

Press conference hasn't started yet.

okr said:

Honestly that was truly one of the saddest days ever. I don't mean in the sense mass deaths are any less sad than any other mass deaths. It was Children Camp Day is what made it so horrific and sad. 

it's quite strange how no one ever mentions mental stability when it comes to islamic attacks.

it seems like it's always ignored for certain groups of people. I don't support this stupidity, but perhaps the attacker has issues? There were reports saying the Orlando and Nice attacker both had mental issues.

Either way though, it's sad that now people will start changing their profile, making a #prayforblank, and become a human rights activist until this dies down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
okr said:

Honestly that was truly one of the saddest days ever. I don't mean in the sense mass deaths are any less sad than any other mass deaths. It was Children Camp Day is what made it so horrific and sad. 

to think anyone would be sick enough to target children amazes me.

Humans can be very low unfortunately. People who do stuff like this should be killed. Nothing more than savages.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

RolStoppable said:
Boah, voi boarisch wia der redt.

Rol?

RolStoppable said:
Acevil said:

Rol?

What is it?

Can you translate what is going on? 

From the live press conference:

The killer is an 18-year old German-Iranian from Munich.

9 victims are dead, 21 wounded.

German-iranian apparently. Damn, this makes me feel sadder now (I'm 1/2 iranian). But I guess we can put this to rest now.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).