By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Help! What should I do?

I recently just got a job at a Thai restaurant within walking distance from my home, I have been there 2 days so far and it's not a very hard job, They want me to be there Breakfast and Lunch Chef and maybe some nights aswell (Friday, Saturday) However, the staff they have are very unprofessional, and the owner is 60 has a mail order bride and is flying to Thailand to see his '18' year old girlfriend (yup, multiple wives) he's a typical 60 year old sick man, he also takes ALL the tips from service for himself, the kitchen is discusting and the staff are clueless, I can already tell there is no system and the roster is a mess.

Now, I have been offered a better job but the only problem is they will pay slightly less but it is a much much nicer place and is about a 30 minute bus trip (I don't yet drive) away as apposed to the walking distance Thai Restaurant.

Opinions please?!

Around the Network

take the better job. You'll probably want to quit your job within two weeks otherwise and you'll be left with no job or a job you hate (even worse). Tips are a large source of income, anyway. 30 minute bus trip isn't too bad, I commute 1 hour each way every day. You'll barely notice one hour of commuting when you have a long shift.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I agree with omgwtfbbq on this one. If a job doesn't make you happy and you can get out of it then do so.

Awesome replies guys, just what I wanna here :) And omgwtfbbq it's good to hear that I wont be the only one eating up time just to get to and from work, the bus trip is half an hour, that's not including how long I have to wait, especially since the frequenty of bus's decreases something fierce late at night.

Take the better job believe me there is nothing worse than getting burnt out on a job, and you have only been there for 2 days. When you are thinking I don't want to go to work Monday and it's Saturday you have a problem. You will be happy to work at a job that enjoy, cause working at a job you hate is horrible the money is not worth your happiness. Belive me I work in a call center!

Around the Network

I would take the better job, happiness is more important the money anyway (ie money may lead to happiness, but may not). Also I am probably going to take a 30 minute bus ride to college which I start this sept, as it is better than the one within walking distance (which has large debts).

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Take the job with better conditions.....it always helps....if it was a seriously big financial drop...then have second thoughts....but bad working conditions can seriously affect your health and mental status. 30 minutes each way is nothing...you will get used to it really quickly....I like others are 1 hour each way to work.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Are you in a position where you can take pays less? If so I would take the other job.

I'm sure you've probably made a decision by now, but yeah, the better job with less pay is always better than having to work someplace you're not happy with.

so how did it work out? Were you able to take the new job so you don't have to work at the Thai restaurant?