By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Backlog Support Group

Hi, I am Seth.  I have a problem.  My problem is having too many backlogged games.  I've bought too many on sales or a few years after release on sale new on Amazon,  Steam Summer and Winter Sales, Nindie Humble Bundles and other Humble Bundles and many more...

So I've decided to try to resist any temptation to buy any new games till I tackle this problem of mine.  I know there are others out there like me that start playing a game then get distracted from finishing that game due to a new game.  Together we can be strong enough to hold firm and start knocking out our backlogged games!

So please join me and discuss the current games you are trying to beat.  Do whatever it takes to finish these games...  Gamefaqs, videos, asking for help in this thread, dare I say cheating (I did for the English classes on Bully recently)... 

Around the Network

Hi, I'm Veknoid. And I have a problem. I buy games when they're on sale of Steam or GOG or the eShop or PSN or XBL. I have hundreds of unplayed games on Steam and GOG, and stacks of unplayed Saturn, Jaguar, 3DO, PS1, DC, PS2, Xbox, GCN, X360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS, 3DS, WiiU, PS4, and X1 games.

Hi, I am the Neodegenerate and I have a problem.  My backlog problem is also being a trophy-whore. I have learned though that I am not the type who should buy a lot of games. Instead I use Gamefly as my backlog clearing tool while I buy the games I want to focus on more regularly.

I do have momentary lapses though and go out and splurge buy. Back in May I was in the mood for a new shooter so I went out and bought Doom and Battleborn. Then I got sucked into Senran Kagura Bon Appetit because boobs, and those games fell to the wayside. Then I bought Overwatch. Now my backlog is getting worse. I have Danganronpa 2, sitting in the Vita right now, but between Overwatch, Destiny, and fucking Pokemon Go I can't find time to get that one plat'd so I can move on to the next backlog piece that Gamefly thinks I should play.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

and stacks of unplayed Saturn, Jaguar, 3DO,

You should focus on those systems first!  Do you have Alien vs Predator on Jaguar?

I just don't add games to my backloggery anymore. If I have more than 20 I start deleting some of them.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Hi I'm Zippy, I also have backlog issues. I will get around to trimming it down, but I just cant seem to put Xenoblade Chronicles X down. I have Fallout 4, The Witcher, Mad Max, Just Cause 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition yet to be played, games are huge these days and need you full emersion.

Hi, I'm Darwinianevolution. And I have a problem. I buy more games that I can play. I don't buy that many games, but considering I like JRPGs that always take me at least 50+ hours, and I don't have as much time as I used to. So everytime I got stuck on a level, I kinda jump to another game, and I really want to properly finish them. Level 7 of Valkyria Chronicles, final boss of Etrian Mystery Dungeon, some random boss on Bravely Default, now the level before the end on Stella Glow... Now I'm with Pokemon Go, but I'll have to go back to Stella Glow sooneror later.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

sethnintendo said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

and stacks of unplayed Saturn, Jaguar, 3DO,

You should focus on those systems first!  Do you have Alien vs Predator on Jaguar?

You know it! Great game :)

Oh my God, YES! I NEEDED THIS 😢

Hi, my name is Salvatore, and I also have a problem. I've been adding games to my backlog since 2014, and haven't stopped to this day. On my birthday I got houndreds of dollars, and spent it all on ganes I haven't played yet. My backlog right now weights around 20 games, one of which lasts houndreds of hours. I plan on finishing as many as I can before buying my next game, Pokemon Moon.

My problem is, I see a game on sale, and I just can't stop myself *sobs* I feel that I need it! And that it needs me... I also have many online multpilayer games which distract me from finishing my new games. I want to get better

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Darwinianevolution said:
Hi, I'm Darwinianevolution. And I have a problem. I buy more games that I can play. I don't buy that many games, but considering I like JRPGs that always take me at least 50+ hours, and I don't have as much time as I used to. So everytime I got stuck on a level, I kinda jump to another game, and I really want to properly finish them. Level 7 of Valkyria Chronicles, final boss of Etrian Mystery Dungeon, some random boss on Bravely Default, now the level before the end on Stella Glow... Now I'm with Pokemon Go, but I'll have to go back to Stella Glow sooneror later.

Yes! RPGs are the worst thing for a backlog. You need like 40-80 hours for some. In the time it takes to beat a single RPG, six more games are released and the backlog grows.