By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Star Wars: The Old Republic’s next expansion teased

Tagged games:

-snip-

Around the Network

I've only made it to level 32. Is it worth getting back into? How does it stand up in terms of story with other BioWare games now days? I had a complete blast with my Jedi, just getting to quests took forever and if you want to explore everything, get all the holocrons, and do everything on a whole world. That was a good day and then some of work.

Airaku said:
I've only made it to level 32. Is it worth getting back into? How does it stand up in terms of story with other BioWare games now days? I had a complete blast with my Jedi, just getting to quests took forever and if you want to explore everything, get all the holocrons, and do everything on a whole world. That was a good day and then some of work.

You don't have to do every quest. Doing the class story should be enough to move things along.

It's ok storytelling. Bioware quality, but obviously constrained by the fact that your character has to be a badass that doesn't die. But especially on the latest expansion, things got interesting aswell.

If you liked KOTOR, you definitly need to play this at least until the Revan expansion.

I'm surprised EA hasn't ported the game to consoles yet. Several friends of mine played it and all were under the impression it would translate well.

And i recently started playing KOTOR 2 again.

Around the Network

Never really got back into ToR after Shadow of Revan.

Supposedly, Knights of the Fallen Empire really changed things around for the better. Is it true? As someone who's been pretty hard on the game before I might be persuaded to take another look.

zero129 said:

To be honest i didnt yet play Knights of the Fallen yet (Also been away from Tor for awhile). But i really enjoyed the main games Story lines, and Fallen Empire is meant to be classic Bioware Story telling. So for this reason alone i cant wait to get back into it.

I hear the newer changes are meant to of made the game much better also (But then i never really had much of a problem with it before so im kinda biased here).

Likewise, the Imperial Agent storyline was pretty fucking brilliant.

If the newer content is more of the same, I'd probably jump back in for a month or two.

Carl2291 said:
Never really got back into ToR after Shadow of Revan.

Supposedly, Knights of the Fallen Empire really changed things around for the better. Is it true? As someone who's been pretty hard on the game before I might be persuaded to take another look.

Withe the lastest expansion they changed the game structure. They stoped trying to be an MMO and bet on their storytelling instead. So, the focus is on the story missions, even though there aren't different ones per class anymore. Some lines are different of course.

Once you are done with the story you are done with the game unless you want to play multiplayer. Level up your companions and all that. That stuff is mostly optional. They haven't made any new raids and only a small dungeon. Everything was simply scaled up.

This means that the game is more suited for jumping in doing the story and jumping out. I don't especially like that it's just that, but oh well...