By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best PlayStation controller?

Best PlayStation controller?

Original PlayStation controller 5 3.33%

DualShock 3 2.00%

DualShock 2 14 9.33%

Sixaxis 1 0.67%

DualShock 3 13 8.67%

DualShock 4 114 76.00%

Total:150

DS4, by far.

Around the Network

Dualshock 4, but even that one is bad compared to X1's controller which is the best controller ever made imo.

The latest DS4 is by far my favourite PS controller. The ergonomics of the previous controllers just didn't agree with me. I thought prior to DS4 the controllers were just too small, uncomfortable and the buttons would give me blisters after extensive gaming sessions like Tekken. The DS4 fixed all those issues. My only remaining issues with the DS4 is the battery life is quite poor and the analogue sticks wear off far too easily (I've had to replace mine with XB1 sticks).

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

DS4. The extra weight and changes in ergonomics makes it best.

It can only be the original dualshock in my opinion. It was so comfortable and looked great. And was the only playstation controller that really changed anything compared to the predecessor. The second dualshock was almost just copying the first one. Sixaxis and Dualshock 3 had those gimmicky motion controls.
I don't like Dualshock 4 at all. Ogly, low battery life, poor quality of analogue sticks

Around the Network

The original PS controler is still king for what it was made for, early PS titles and aracde games. It works much better for fighting games than any DS until PS4

The only one to not crap out on me halfway though a generation - Dualshock

(Granted I don't have a PS4 but a cousin and a friend's DS4 have already shit the bed for both of them since launch)

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Definitely the DS4. All the improvements make it damn near perfect. Should have put a larger battery in it, though. Hopefully, they fix that with the Neo's controller.

The DS4 easy. My favorite controller period actually. Followed by the 360, and Gamecube controllers.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Uabit said:
Dualshock 4, but even that one is bad compared to X1's controller which is the best controller ever made imo.

I actually think X1 controller is worse than the 360 controller :|

Dualshock 4 is by far the best PlayStation controller, and my personal favorite controller to date.