By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best PlayStation controller?

Best PlayStation controller?

Original PlayStation controller 5 3.33%

DualShock 3 2.00%

DualShock 2 14 9.33%

Sixaxis 1 0.67%

DualShock 3 13 8.67%

DualShock 4 114 76.00%

Total:150

No love for the Dual Analog Controller?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_Analog_Controller

Around the Network
JOKA_ said:
The DS4 is the most comfortable, but its starting to break down on me. Battery life is crappy now and the left analog nub is wearing down.

Why didn't u spend $4 on the stick grips? It totally prevents the sticks wearing out, and gives your thumb way more grip, especially if your hands sweat, like mine do. As for battery life, I still get a good 9-10 hours battery life, even having them since launch.

Dualshock 4. It just feels really comfortable holding it. The battery life isn't the best but at least it's still built-in rechargable.

Normchacho said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
DS2. The last DS controller I really enjoyed using.

DualwhateverPS3launchedwith sucked. DualAxis? The DS3 was better, but paled in comparison to the 360 pad imho. The DS4 is their worst yet imho, except that PS3 launch one. Too small, worthless touchpad, incredibly short battery life, and the analog nubs rubber lasts like a week, lol.

^ No actual experience with the DS4.

Which, I mean to be fair the poll never says our answers need to be based on reality.

I own a black, a red, and a blue DS4 :) Hope that helps.

Barkley:

1. Still feels smaller because of the design. Your hands are right next to one another, makes it feel very small. Of course the touchpad makes it wider. Also, I enjoyed the DS2 more simply because A) there weren't pads that were much better designed arid back then, and B) my hands were smaller then :)

2. So like I said, a worthless touchpad. Oh cool it can be used as an extra button. Its worthless in pretty much every game I've ever played. It pretty much replaces the select button. Awesome.

3. I don't get 10 hours of battery life from any of mine and the charge time is even more subjective. Either way, bad battery life is a known issue.

4. The nubs rubbing off is a known issue, too. There are lots of complaints a simple Google search would yield for you :)

Sorry if the formatting is bad, this site blows on mobile.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Normchacho said:

Which, I mean to be fair the poll never says our answers need to be based on reality.

Barkley:

1. Still feels smaller because of the design. Your hands are right next to one another, makes it feel very small. Of course the touchpad makes it wider. Also, I enjoyed the DS2 more simply because A) there weren't pads that were much better designed arid back then, and B) my hands were smaller then :)

2. So like I said, a worthless touchpad. Oh cool it can be used as an extra button. Its worthless in pretty much every game I've ever played. It pretty much replaces the select button. Awesome.

3. I don't get 10 hours of battery life from any of mine and the charge time is even more subjective. Either way, bad battery life is a known issue.

4. The nubs rubbing off is a known issue, too. There are lots of complaints a simple Google search would yield for you :)

The rubber on the sticks WAS a known issue, and one that effected a diminutive percentage of launch DS4s at that.

Your hands are objectively farther apart than if your holding an Xbox One controller. It's wider, and it isn't tilting in towards the top.

Battery life is a known issue. Maybe it's just because I have a gamepad (which could be dead by the end of a long movie) but I've never had an issue with it.

The touchpad is fine. It's a pair of buttons and has been used in various ways by different games. It's not in the way, it doesn't replace something more useful, and it's used for things. What's the issue exactly?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

LudicrousSpeed said:
Normchacho said:

Barkley:

I don't believe you have one.  Or are just lying about using it.  You see it is IMPOSSIBLE for the controller to feel smaller if it is bigger than any DS to date, even larger than the XBO controller.  Its grips are larger, too.  So why not just take back your first point and stick to facts.  Also, the rubber was fixed after the launch controllers, so the new rubber lasts much longer.  Still, even my launch controller took about a year to finally wear out.

I'll let you have your other points, as they are actually opinion based.

I'm in the VGC PSN Community LOL. No offense, but I don't give a shit if you don't believe In have or use a PS4. In have played Last of Us with users here. Don't let console warz control your emotions to the point where you are calling someone a liar because of an opinion :)

And my first point is opinion as well. It feels smaller because of the alignment and how you have to hold it compared to offsetting sticks. You're welcome to disagree.

I actually got new rubber pads for two of my controllers from my areas Sony rep a few months ago, not even a few weeks later they were worn down on the sides again. And I don't mean new as in not used, I mean new as in these were supposed to be the much better formula. He told me Sony reps literally carry tons of them around with them when merchandising because its such a common problem they get.

I'll keep all my points, thanks :)

I like the aligned sticks and the DS4 seems to be the perfect size for me, and i'm no small person. The DS4 the first Sony controller, that my fingers actually line up with L2 & R2, instead of L1 & R1. The offset sticks of the Xbox controller, just don't feel natural to me. The touch pad is used well as a map and such, in a good amount of games. Honestly, if you're that rough on controllers that the rubber keeps rubbing off, spend like $4 on some grip covers for them.