By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - COD 4 selling like crazy and updated stats mean Xbox retains U.S.A.

Man that games massive. It's all good news for Microsoft Gaming Division. Most people who get that game are also going to get Live gold as well. Thats like $300,000,000 in revenue right there just on live. People who get live, also buy all their other games on the Xbox to play on live... I swear COD 4 is as big for the Xbox right now as Halo 3 was. It's outselling the PS3 - 3:1 this week. It must be the fact that people get the console that more of their friends own just to play alongside them.

Tease.

Around the Network

i knew those numbers were too good to be true.

Still going. Jesus

The only thing stopping the 360 version from passing Halo 3 is the inevitable COD5.

Also R6:V 2 outsold the PS3 version nearly 4:1 in NA.

Around the Network

This game have incredible legs only in America the land of FPS.

@Okey: CoD5 is going back to WWII. It will NOT be well-received.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:

I don't expect it to be as successful or as good as COD4, I just meant it will probably cut its sales short.

thekitchensink said:

Source? I think it will be pretty dumb if they go back to WW2. 

De85 said:
Also R6:V 2 outsold the PS3 version nearly 4:1 in NA.

I guess you can say that the Xbox has a hardcore online FPS segment that really brings in the cash for Microsoft. Remember, if they make about $7 bucks per game, then they just earned $12 million, ok... Round it to 10 million from console royalties Edit: Per week, they sold 1.8million games. That means that they stand to make over a billion dollars between royalties and live alone this year. Carrying that through to the end of the consoles frontline life - the 360 will be sold cheaply like the PS2 is now... Microsoft will stand to make $3,000,000,000 profit from those two areas over 3 years. Thats if they don't sell another console from tomorrow and just rake in the money from game sales and Xbox live.

Tease.