By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals Mini NES. Coming this November.

vivster said:
It isn't really that much smaller than the original. I call bullshit on the mini part.

the standard original NES is like double the width of an average hand and this new mini one sits within the width of one hand. It most certainly is much smaller, especially dimensionally from one end to another

Around the Network

I actually don't like that it's smaller, I wish it was closer in size to the original or identical even.

StuOhQ said:

I think this is a good way for Ninty to pull some extra cash come November (they don't really have anything else for the Holidays). Without cartridge support, or even the ability to add more games, this is more of a novelty toy - like the ones released by Sega - than a viable retro device.

I've got my eyes of the AVS, which plays NES, Famicon, and hombrew carts with 100% accuracy, has updatable firmware, and online leaderboards.

https://youtu.be/SKZIoq7pp34

for a casual looking to play fun retro games on their newer TV without any hassle then this is sort of a bargain. You'd pay like 300$ or more to get an original NES with all of these games at this point.

I think its a great idea and mega convenient. for me I will probably stick with gaming on an original NES however this would be a perfect buy to give the rents so they can easily play some old Mario or Galaga on a newer TV without having to mess with converter cables I've given them.

a convenient HDMI connection is definitely valuable here because for a lot of newer TVs it can be awkward playing old systems on them (lag, weird resolution, etc). I think thats where the value is. That and the solid library for so cheap

DAY 1! I love this!

mountaindewslave said:
vivster said:
It isn't really that much smaller than the original. I call bullshit on the mini part.

the standard original NES is like double the width of an average hand and this new mini one sits within the width of one hand. It most certainly is much smaller, especially dimensionally from one end to another

Actually based on picture, this NES Mini is smaller even than NES cartridge.

Around the Network

Because Nintendo can't be bothered to actually make new games for this holiday, they'll sell us old ones for the 100th time.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Because Nintendo can't be bothered to actually make new games for this holiday, they'll sell us old ones for the 100th time.

You must be fun at parties.

Goodnightmoon said:

I am because I don't straight up personally attack people.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I am because I don't straight up personally attack people.

wow you are very easily ofended too 

It was a joke dude, when I saw it I also though that this would be this years Xmas "game" xD

Goodnightmoon said:

wow you are very easily ofended too lol

It was a joke dude, when I saw it I also though that this would be this years Xmas "game" xD

You're not making sense, I'm obviously not offended and I didn't say you were either.

It's well known that you aggressively jump on those criticising Nintendo, so you should know you can't make jokes without making it actually look like it's a joke, especially when the phrase you said isn't funny and is rarely used as a playful joke rather than to insult n instigate.