By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: "NX Controller" No Longer for Sale Item was taken down.

Remember that fake NX controller that everybody got their undies in a wad about? Well...now it's for sale! On ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Development-NX-Replica-Controller-Ultra-Rare-/252459279220

The starting bid is $4,000 and there are 8 people watching already.

The part that makes me sick? He's selling this thing without any indication that it's fake. He doesn't mention that it isn't really based off of an NX controller, just the patents. He notes that it's a replica, but "Fake" is nowhere to be seen on the listing.

Now, yes, it's common sense to the average Nintendo fan or gamer, but there are a lot of naive buyers on ebay that actually think this is a replica of an NX controller. He doesn't mention funtionality or anything of the sort. And the item description?

"Your bidding on an official Replica Nintendo NX development Controller.  The unit is very rare as only 5 of these replicas were made in existence."

First of all, spell you're right and second of all, it's not Official, it's not a development controller and to my knowledge only 1 of them were made...by the hoaxer! Third, anything can be considered "rare". I just made a Sandwich with a computer chip, I'm sure that's rare but it doesn't hold value because it isn't of value. What brings value is mostly a name brand. Anybody can 3d print this thing, he showed you how to do it in his video!

I'm pretty sure Pat the Nes punk and Ian will cover this on the completely unnecessary podcast, but this is just another level of scum. If you're not going to be 100% open about it, don't list it. My problem isn't that he's selling a replica of a patent for 4000, but rather he's acting like it's legit. The item will sell, but not for reasons he's giving. Just something I thought I'd share.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Seems luke a pretty extreme reaction to something they affected your live in zero ways.

I had no interest in the NX controller itself. It's sickening to find that someone is not being open about a fake item  that he's selling for thousands of dollars. It's a scam that any ordinary person should be able to look up and see that it's a scam, but there are people who will think this thing is legit and buy it for the price he's asking for. I could care less about the item in question, it's the practice and principle that's kind of twisted.

shikamaru317 said:
If somebody wants to buy it as a collectible, more power to them. A fool and his money are soon parted as the saying goes. I doubt anybody will actually pay $4000 for it though.

As a collectible, sure. I can see that. But the item has 102 views per hour and 8 people actively watching it until the bid ends. He's gonna sell this thing. I hope that a collector is buying it because anybody else looking to buy it as legit Nintendo replica hardware is out of luck.

What a genius! This guy needs to join my thief guild, we could make some good money with this scam.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I don't see the problem. If you don't want to buy it you can always make yourself a replica of it.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
I don't see the problem. If you don't want to buy it you can always make yourself a replica of it.

My problem isn't that he's selling a replica of a patent for 4000, but rather he's acting like it's legit.

Ljink96 said:
Porcupine_I said:

My problem isn't that he's selling a replica of a patent for 4000, but rather he's acting like it's legit.

No, your problem is taking things too seriously, like my post.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

lol if you look at the guys feedback as a buyer in the past couple of months he has bought a bunch of random bits of controller and mods from one crowd and he has 1 negative review of "

bogus auction, waste of time Buyer: i***7 ( 361Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
During past 6 months Feedback conversation
Wii NkDev unit (#252243066990) US $0.99

So yeah I can't imagine anyone will be handing over 4-10k to this person, unless as others have stated here, they are idiots.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Porcupine_I said:
Ljink96 said:

No need to go into attack mode, I couldn't catch the sarcasm in your original post. Sorry.

Ganoncrotch said:
lol if you look at the guys feedback as a buyer in the past couple of months he has bought a bunch of random bits of controller and mods from one crowd and he has 1 negative review of "

bogus auction, waste of time Buyer: i***7 ( 361Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)

So yeah I can't imagine anyone will be handing over 4-10k to this person, unless as others have stated here, they are idiots.

Sadly, I know that someone will buy this.

Ljink96 said:
Porcupine_I said:

No need to go into attack mode, I couldn't catch the sarcasm in your original post. Sorry.

Ganoncrotch said:

Sadly, I know that someone will buy this.

how? how do you know this, it's clear that the auction is 5 of them unique because this person created them, he isn't lying in saying that he only made 5, but why do you think this will sell?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive