By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii reaches 22 million-sellers in 16 months

... what is so great about that

Around the Network

Impressive for wii, especially when compared to GC, I reckon 30 million sellers by the end of year.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Very good for nintendo.

The Wii is going to take the 5+ million sellers crown within the next two weeks as well.

NintendoMan said:
Impressive for wii, especially when compared to GC, I reckon 30 million sellers by the end of year.

I would bet on it being closer to 40 than 30 honestly. It hit near 20 in its first year and has plenty of games that will cross the barrier coming out this year. Maybe I am being overly optimistic though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Seeing as third party support in 2008 is much better than the 2007 one and, along with the bigger install base, I think 30-35 million sellers by the end of 2008 is quite certain.

There's already 3 more that are crawling their way to 1 million sales, and of course we have an assured million seller on the way (Mario Kart Wii). And that's all before the big events where games are announced and other assured million sellers are revealed to have release dates this year.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

But third party games don't sell on the Wii. I'm going to never acknowledge those 9 games when I make this claim.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Gnizmo said:
NintendoMan said:

I would bet on it being closer to 40 than 30 honestly. It hit near 20 in its first year and has plenty of games that will cross the barrier coming out this year. Maybe I am being overly optimistic though.

I don't think your being over optimistic... I think it may very well pass 40 million sellers.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
LordTheNightKnight said:
But third party games don't sell on the Wii. I'm going to never acknowledge those 9 games when I make this claim.
And with 2 third party almost million seller(My Sims and RRR2)both with +920k the wii still don´t selling third party games.