By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that surprised you because of how well they sold

Because when you saw the game, what it was about, or any other factor (feel free to mention) you thought the game couldn't possibly sell as well as it eventually did.

What game(s) was that?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Tomadachi Life... The game just looked eh but it sold reallyy well

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Splatoon: The Thread

Splatoon, thought the game looked good and wanted to play it, but didn't expect it to sell nearly as well as it did

Splatoon and of course Pokemon Go, that game blew up so quickly and garnered insane news coverage and stories in just a few days, but since Go is free I'll stick with Splatoon.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

The game about colorful squid kids that say "woomy."

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Until Dawn. I thought the press was going to rip it to pieces.

State of Decay. I remember when everyone was complaining about the developers and the updates but it still kept selling.

Splatoon

Splatoon
- Its on the Wii U (W101 says hello!)
- Shooter on the Wii U
- The game looked small/does not have enough content.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Splatoon. I thought it looked cool and creative and I thought, hey, a million is possible. But Then it just kept selling and selling. Huge surprise.