By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are you for or against a one world government or "New world order"? *Rant warning*

One world government.

For it. 30 21.90%

Against it. 90 65.69%

Undecided. 9 6.57%

No opinion....comments....results.... 8 5.84%

Total:137

In theory I am all about it, in practice, hell fucking no.

Around the Network

Maybe if it's like Switzerland.

Historical trends do not point towards one-world-Government, they point to something else completely. Human history has been one of huge, global-spanning hard-power empires... those were far closer to one-world Governments than anything we have now.

And what about the growing independence movements among people in many, many countries? Brexit, Grexit, growing anti-EU across all of Europe, divisions in Belgium, Spain, the UK, China, Russia.

These modern projects like the EU are nothing compared to what was tried in the past. And what's more, it's failing. Not only is Eurosceptism rising across the continent, but Europe's financial sector is failing, the Eurozone is in real trouble, the entire mediterranean has been forced into poverty as a result of their policies. It's a disaster.

And, to top it off, it shows what people in this thread have been saying about corruption and accountability. The people at the top of the EU have very little transparency, they live lavish lifestyles at the expense of the "citizens", and nobody even knows how many laws and regulations they write, let alone holding anybody accountable to any given rule.

The typical nation-state as we think of today is going, but not because of one-world-Governance. It's going the way of the dodo because of technology.

The Internet has already destroyed any kind of nation-state control over communication (mail, media), trade, currency, intellectual property. Look at how much cities are struggling to fight airbnb and uber... and those guys are somewhat TRYING to comply.

It's game-over for the nation-state, it's just a matter of time. Once the people move onto cryptocurrency as their primary means of exchange, it'll be the end of the central bank, and the end of taxation, and thus the end of these massive institutions

Dude. The war is already on. But war has changed. Nowadays it's an economical war with some little proxy wars here and there. There is no need for a classic all-out war with massive troops anymore as big governments wouldn't gain anything from that. Hell, all over the world the governments have way too much debts to even finance anything that would come close to a war. xD
But they are fighting like hell already with all they have to offer. All that fracking in the US doesn't happen without a reason, it's to weaken forces in the middle east and russia. Russia itself does everything it can to weaken the EU and is working with the chinese to achieve just that.

Cyber wars are also alive and kicking. I don't think we will see another world war as in the past. But I also don't know who will come out on top in the ongoing struggle for world domination.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Razeak said:
I retract my previous statement on the condition I get to be the sole decision maker :)

" as long as I'm the decider"  George W Bush

Around the Network

Imagine a secular world government that can outlaw genital mutilation, honor killings, the government sanctioned incarceration and execution for charges such as being gay, witchcraft and apostasy."above us , only sky"

I think it makes sense when we have space colonies or meet other races. At that point the external threats become more relevant than the internal ones.

For now, i'd like an european union country instead.

John2290 said:
Leadified said:
Such a system is nearly impossible to be sustainable. Look at the EU, which can barely hold itself up together and is in a constant state of crisis ever since 2008. On top of that, the EU is fortunate that most of the member states have somewhat similar value and culture systems so how would you expect a worldwide government to manage hundreds of different cultures and value systems in one state?

Still as an individual you do have more freedom and opportunities than ever before, even the worst wage slaves cannot compare to working conditions some people had only 70 years ago in Western nations. It's much more difficult to control people who have access to information so perhaps I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

The global banking elite as well as the US adverted that crisis the to the EU. It still held up and besides for the bias against saying the EU doesn't work the fact is, it works so well for us we don't even relasize it until we leave. Just look at the UK and there mess now. 

Question is, do you want to be stuck in this old paradigm where cycles of nations falling and new nations popping up to take there place or do you want to negate that. Do you want the east to destroy our way of life to make room for their own setting us back another few centuries in human compasion and "supposed" freedom or do you want to try and negate that, not by destroying them but merging with them?

The EU as an institution does not work well, just because it hasn't totally collapsed does not mean it is working well. Brexit can almost be considered a non-event in comparison to the crisises in Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy along with the refugee crisis and that's just the tip of the iceberg. That has nothing to do with if you're pro or anti-EU, it has a lot of problems that cannot be dismissed, especially if you want this experiment to succeed.

Supranational units are no different, "empires" rise and fall just like nations, so would a one world government, it's not something you can negate. I'm not going to answer your question because it has nothing to do with my original post but since you bring it up, I have some questions for you. First, how do you propose that a one world government will have any interest in protecting your culture against larger and more dominate ones? Second of all, how does merging with a completely different culture not destory your current way of life?

John2290 said:

I mean, isn't the end of war and ultimute transparancy what we all want in the free world? 

What does it matter if countries are renamed as states if they still hold sovereignty? The majority of "Western world" people are already wage slaves, the banks already own us, the police in (most countries) will still turn from protectors into minions of the militery in times of unrest and disaster. Nothing changes but in this case war may decrease as a move away from leaning on a militery economy. The intelligence community (10,000 strong in the US alone) will slowly fall away. There will be no need for warfare when trade routes are open and the only enemies to fight will be closed nation states such as North Korea.

At least this way the rich folk and the corporations won't push for militery actions against countries that don't agree with their money making agenda and possibly leave to war.

In my opinion Putin is correct and war is coming.

He hasn't said that though, has he?

John2290 said:
Slimebeast said:

He hasn't said that though, has he?

He has. He ranted a few times about the western media ignoring the coming "Doom" and eventual war. Mainly thrown toward the media for ignoring global events that he says will lead to war.

Putin has a lot to rant about after we stopped his oil and gas pipelines through the Ukraine after he took over Crimea, our continued support of the rebels to overthrow Bashir in Syria, NATO's troop movements and exercises all along their border.