By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Biggest issue(s) with Sony for you

How incompetent their software engineers seem to be with updates.

No folders/ways to organize games, no external hard drive support, no name changes, no second step authentication, etc.

Also the Vita/PS3 download list is the biggest POS ever.

Around the Network

I wish the japanese side of Sony was more consistent with releases, I mean, why did the Last Guardian took them so long to make...
I think it would be cool if they made a first party JRPG.

Docile and complacent console strategy

Ridiculous main controllers for the PS4 and PS3 (battery time is a joke and the light is murdering me slowly) with silly gimmicks and worthless features and buttons (Share button, goddamn touchpad?!?! Screwing up the triggers, sixaxis, why oh why?!)

Pricey accessories

Paid and really slow online

Expensive digital games

Terrible security and clunky user interfaces

Too lenient on developers who release shitty and broken games on their platforms

Going backwards on the mobile success

Not focusing enough on gathering more hi-fi support and functionality with 3rd parties on the TV sets

Toothless advertising in the past few years

Sometimes stumbling into incredibly costly and ridiculously inflexible solutions for hardware (hello, Cell processor)

Slow and outdated views and work on digital music and movies

There's probably more but that's off of the top of my head.

- Not lowering the price of the Vita here in Australia...... It still cost the same as a New 3DS XL.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
- Not lowering the price of the Vita here in Australia...... It still cost the same as a New 3DS XL.

To be fair even the New 3ds's hardware is woefully low-end.

New 3ds vs Vita

268mhz Quad Core vs (Up to) 800mhz Quad Core

266mhz Single Core GPU vs 200mhz Quad Core GPU

256mb ram vs 512mb ram 

10mb Vram vs 128mb Vram

240p 3D LCD vs 544p OLED 

I hope Nintendo's next handheld is actually decent specs, and not weaker than a £50 chinese smartphone, xD

Around the Network

They dont "push" japanese games at all, unless they are AAA games from already established franchises like Final Fantasy...

It EXTRA pisses me off when they have exclusive japanese games that they completely ignore, i swear if it wasnt for news sites like gematsu i would never knew this games even existed, just look at Microsoft they are doing a fine job at promoting Scalebound.

And before anyone says anything let me make this clear, i know a LOT of those games are niche japanese games that cant compete in popularity terms against the typical AAA western game, HOWEVER im not asking for a full section on E3 just a spotlight on TGS and more marketing from sony for the western market.

And i know that some of this game may not be worth of the attention or effort BUT, from time to time there is an amazing game that gets ignored with all the rest, and the perfect example is Demons Souls a Sony exclusive that was completely ignored by Sony, they never promoted it and they didnt brought it to the west, Atlus had to do it... they thought this game had no potential and look at it now!, it started one of the best and most respected RPG series of modern times, with a large fandom in both the east and west.

As a non-ps3/ps4 owner, I'd say the end to their PlayStation commercials here in the US. The voice for some reason irritates me. Wish they'd go back to the ps2 commercial endings.

Also, spending money to promote games like Star Wars Battlefront or other third party games. These are games that will get advertised on PlayStation regardless so why not put that money towards improving PlayStation services instead?

KLAMarine said:
As a non-ps3/ps4 owner, I'd say the end to their PlayStation commercials here in the US. The voice for some reason irritates me. Wish they'd go back to the ps2 commercial endings.

Also, spending money to promote games like Star Wars Battlefront or other third party games. These are games that will get advertised on PlayStation regardless so why not put that money towards improving PlayStation services instead?

Or promoting actual exclusives.

Still haven't made a new Legend of Dragoon

estebxx said:
KLAMarine said:

Or promoting actual exclusives.

Or that, sure.

Other than the aforementioned, Sony's done pretty well overall though I speak as a non ps3/ps4 owner.