By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo should release their back catalogue on iOS

All the games on VC, put them on iOS, official Nintendo apps. Sell Pokemon Red, Super Mario Land etc for $5-10 each, make bank on classic games that don't devalue their modern hardware. SE is doing this with their Snes era games.

Around the Network

Why stop there, they should just go full mobile.

if they did that it would be one less reason to buy a 3DS so its a bad move for them

Yerm said:
if they did that it would be one less reason to buy a 3DS so its a bad move for them

Software makes money not hardware. Though a lower installbase on 3ds would hurt there income from third party. But I think mobile done right could make Nintendo much more then they're making put together at the moment.

Nintendo should start agressively pursuing the mobile market, they could very well make an absolute fortune.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Why stop there, they should just go full mobile.

Why stop there, they should cease to exist.

Around the Network
Yerm said:

I highly doubt the virtual console is even considered when people are deciding to buy a 3DS. Someone buying a brand new system just to play crappy old games is definitely a rarity. It's a nice bonus, but not something that if removed would make people reconsider their purchase.

XanderXT said:

Why stop there, they should cease to exist.

Whut?

I think Sony should release the Uncharted series on iOS in .mov format.

Ka-pi96 said:
I'd rather they released them on Steam...

This. If it's okay to release them on iOS and Android, it should be okay to release them on PC too.

No they shouldnt.I mean, they would make a small fortune out of it, there is no doubt(be it in mobile or Steam) but they should keep it exclusive to their hardware, so that it values more their hardware and incentivise their purchase.It is quite the same as Sony releasing their games on other platforms.I mean, they would probably make a killing if they released PS Now on PC for example, but they dont do that(yet) so that people buy PS4s for it.Now, the VC needs alot of work and improvement on their catalogue, but that is another discussion.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I think releasing the old Pokemons on Mobile is fine. Sony has released some old PS1 games on mobile I think?

I think going forward in the future you could see simultaneous smart phone and heldhand Pokemon releases.