By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokémon GO Is Making More Money Than Any Other iOS App

FunFan said:
People wanted a Pokemon MMO. Nintendo delivered. Is phone gaming finally legit?

GO isn't even close to the Pokemon MMO that people wanted.

But it shows just how world-ending that MMO would be.

Around the Network
mysteryman said:
FunFan said:

The UN asked Game Freak to not develop PokéMMOn because  they don't want Japan to be covered by a 10m high layer of money :v

mysteryman said:
FunFan said:

You're right. This is significantly more world-ending. People wouldn't be getting hurt, nor would there be as many people playing. A good portion of these people are nescarilly gamers. A lot of everyday average people are playing.

Great news for mobile gamers, I hope more of Nintendo's mobile projects are great successes, I want a legit animal crossing on Mobile, and a decent Mario Kart!!

POKÉMON GO LAUNCH RESULTS IN 20% DROP IN SYDNEY’S NIGHTLIFE IN TWO DAYS

Around the Network

When is it coming to Europe? From what I've seen, the game is going to be too much for my phone, but I can't lose hope.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

as expected this will be a mega-success for years

I just wonder if this will make Nintendo transition towards mainly being a phone game dev/publisher - their mega-IPs certainly could be extremely profitable there

think-man said:
POKÉMON GO LAUNCH RESULTS IN 20% DROP IN SYDNEY’S NIGHTLIFE IN TWO DAYS

Bullshit!

Lafiel said:

as expected this will be a mega-success for years

I just wonder if this will make Nintendo transition towards mainly being a phone game dev/publisher - their mega-IPs certainly could be extremely profitable there

No they wont, because they know that their IPs popularity and its maintainance comes from the console games and their fanbase of hardcore gamers.I mean, this game success could simply mean that they will keep making games for the market(like 1 every 5 or 6 months), and if Nintendos strategy pays out(of that mobile games bringing gamers back to dedicated gaming devices, which seeing the success of Pokemon GO, isnt far fetched of happening), I see them never abandoning consoles and handheld gaming.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

mysteryman said:
FunFan said:

They just need to update it it with a legit battle system for both capturing pokemon and fighting other trainers. Plus the ability to teach Pokemon attacks via TMs, breeding and leveling up. And there you go. The Pokemon game we need and deserve.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)