By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokémon GO Is Making More Money Than Any Other iOS App

I'm at a Black Sabbath concert and even here people are playing.
Nuts.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
IkePoR said:
Seems like a fad, sadly. It's not compelling enough to stick around after you go catch a few pokemon.

They'll just add the following Gen and it will rise in popularity again.

Also, still needs to release on many countries, so it will have a healthy life. And seriously, kids and parents will adore this game.

I've heard people saying on Facebook that legendaries are only obtainable through events. Soooo who the fuck knows what type of events it could be. This will let people back on and try to catch that legendary. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

spurgeonryan said:
I never find any pokemon so I will lose interest fast.

you need to level up to find more and different Pokémon, so keep catching those you find, even if you already have them !

Luke888 said:
Airaku said:
The game has been doing a lot of good, such as a girl who found a dead body which helped the authorities on a murder mystery. As the OP pointed out. It's helping people make friends.

It's also doing some not so good with a legion of idiots. I've stories (rumors) about people barging into buildings and even Churches to catch Pokémon. I've seen a majority of pictures online where we see dashboards and side mirrors. A lot of people are driving and playing Pokémon Go to get to their locations faster and catch things on the way. Nintendo will not be the only one making a A LOT of money off this game.

This game is a brand new genre. A MMRLRPG (Massively Multiplayer Real Life Role Playing Game)

I've heard that the App is capable of sensoring the speed you're traveling at so that it doesn't count when you travel by car, they really want us to toil to get those eggs hatched.

The App will have longevity, as of now there are only the first 151 Pokémon but the other 600+ (given Pokémon S/M mons will have to be added aswell) will take some time to be added...

I wouldn't be confident that Nintendo will add all of the later Pokemon

bear in mind that the 1st gen Pokemon are by far the most recognized, popular, and appreciated. the average person (especially adult) playing this app is going to be a lot more excited to capture a Charmander or Snorlax than they are going to be to capture some of the strange unrecognizable later ones

spurgeonryan said:
Luke888 said:

you need to level up to find more and different Pokémon, so keep catching those you find, even if you already have them !

Do the items you can buy help? I cannot find any.

you really need to actually walk around outside. The Pokemon will auto generate. From my experience they pop up a lot if you walk through your neighborhood, or really any residential neighborhood. if you're in an area where NO icons are popping up for a local Pokemon Gym or store then you might be screwed though.... ...

I rode my bike through a few neighborhoods around me and Pokemon kept popping up. Unfortunately it started raining and I had to hide under some trees so my Pokemon hunting got stopped a bit search. I also haven't leveled up THAT much so a lot of the same Pokemon types keep popping up, but I suppose that is just part of the process until you get more experience

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:
Luke888 said:

I've heard that the App is capable of sensoring the speed you're traveling at so that it doesn't count when you travel by car, they really want us to toil to get those eggs hatched.

The App will have longevity, as of now there are only the first 151 Pokémon but the other 600+ (given Pokémon S/M mons will have to be added aswell) will take some time to be added...

I wouldn't be confident that Nintendo will add all of the later Pokemon

bear in mind that the 1st gen Pokemon are by far the most recognized, popular, and appreciated. the average person (especially adult) playing this app is going to be a lot more excited to capture a Charmander or Snorlax than they are going to be to capture some of the strange unrecognizable later ones

they already confirmed that they indeed will add all the pokémon to the app, it doesn't matter if they don't appeal to the adults, there will always be fans of a specific generation/Pokémon

Ljink96 said:
Airaku said:

The game has been doing a lot of good, such as a girl who found a dead body which helped the authorities on a murder mystery.

WHAAAAATT???

Yup! Though apparently they don't know if it's murder. That was my fault. They just found a dead body and now they are doing an autopsy. They don't think it's murder.

http://county10.com/201457759806291968/10-festive-photos-of-riverton-day-in-the-park-celebration

http://county10.com/201050801366368256

http://kotaku.com/teen-plays-pokemon-go-outside-finds-dead-body-1783369790

Been out for 5 hours just wandering around the neighborhood with friends and try to catch Pokemon. There's a park where there are 5-6 pokestops and a gym - we saw around 50-60 people playing it. And someone bicycling to hatch eggs. The trivias in the pokestops are pretty interesting to read over.

This game is all over my news feed (uk). I had never heard off it until yesterday when I saw loads off memes. Loads off people are playing in uk but it hasn't even released there yet?

Nogamez said:
This game is all over my news feed (uk). I had never heard off it until yesterday when I saw loads off memes. Loads off people are playing in uk but it hasn't even released there yet?

Yep! Popular news channels here in Australia are reporting tonnes of news about it. And I don't even think Nintendo done some advertising here in Australia! And the recent Poke walk in Sydney which said over 1k people participated got lots of attention

Pocky Lover Boy!