By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony on Neo announcement: "We didn't want to just rattle of a list of specs" + PSVR update

thismeintiel said:
KLAMarine said:
"that you actually demonstrate what a device like Neo is capable of"

Isn't it just a more powerful PS4?

Yes, but they want to actually have a few games supporting Neo mode to show off when they announce it.

Neo mode?

Around the Network

I call bull on a bit of that. Doesn't want to show a console coming in late 2016/early 2017 but will show games for holiday 2017 and 2018?

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
I call bull on a bit of that. Doesn't want to show a console coming in late 2016/early 2017 but will show games for holiday 2017 and 2018?

1. They didn't want hardware announcements taking away from the game announcements.

2. They didn't have anything concrete to show in regards to PS4.5 and thought it was best to wait until they did.

I'm not seeing what the issue here is?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I do not understand, don't people complain every year they need to show more games and less talky talk about numbers and hardware?

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

KLAMarine said:
thismeintiel said:

Yes, but they want to actually have a few games supporting Neo mode to show off when they announce it.

Neo mode?

1080p Mandatory, 30fps (solid) or 60fps, better shadows, longer draw distance, cleaner AA ... That sort of thing.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Lrdfancypants said:

I do not understand, don't people complain every year they need to show more games and less talky talk about numbers and hardware?

It usually helps when you identify the people you're referring to.

KLAMarine said:
Lrdfancypants said:

In general the past couple E3's people I would see people say they wanted more games and less of the boring stuff that derails it.  

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
KLAMarine said:

In general the past couple E3's people I would see people say they wanted more games and less of the boring stuff that derails it.  

Are these people you refer to the same people complaining about no ps4 neo unveiling?

KLAMarine said:
thismeintiel said:

Neo mode?

Future games for the PS4, after the Neo launches, will have a normal play mode (for the OG PS4) and a Neo mode (that only the Neo can play).  The Neo mode will just use the extra power of the Neo for higher res and framrate, as well as better textures, shadows, AA, LOD, and so on.

KLAMarine said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Are these people you refer to the same people complaining about no ps4 neo unveiling?

As far as the ps4 neo goes, yeah I personally think stopping in the middle of games being shown to rattle off a specs lists would be boring.  I guess they could do it the way microsoft did with a fairly quick and to the point announcement with scorpio but it definitely would have been boring if they just listed off specs like he was quoted saying. 

Marco....