By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Pokemon Go bad for society?- Man almost loses his job because of it

Yes. My world is suddenly flooded with dorks.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
More like the contrary, lots of people that barely go outside now are walking and talking to people because of this game, Its amazing to see to be honest. Nintendo did the best thing in years with this game.

this... so many people I know are like asking to meet up with others to walk around together and 'catch' Pokemon. Pokemon GO definitely forces people to go outside and interact to some level.

what's nice about the game is you can't sit in one spot and get very far in it

You can say that for, well, everything.

No, the are only dangerous for stupid people. And knowing America, the first sues will be flying by.
For example.

Game showed me a pokemon located a few blocks down the street. I had no idea that this was gang territory. I escaped with 2 bullets up my ass. WTH Nintendo?

or..

by focusing my view on the map I got hit by a car. It told me a pokemon was on the highway.

or..

My son swam out to the middle of the lake, he said, there was a water type pokemon, whatever that thing is, he got eaten by a crocodile. This game should've warned him about the dangerous animals out there.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Captain_Yuri said:
Nope, people are just stupid

Yeah. Losing a job because of this just makes you an idiot. 

Around the Network

It's not bad for society their are just ome idiots that do stupid things.

Pokémon GO is no worse for society than WiiMotes were for the screens of television sets. People just need to apply common sense while playing the game. There are bound to be mishaps early after release but I'm sure that Nintendo and people will devise ways to make the game safer as time goes one.

Considering someone got fired for getting to addicted to Fallout 4, video games in general might as well be considered bad for society.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It isn't Niantic's, Game Freak's, the Pokémon Company's, or Nintendo's fault that people are idiots.