By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GTX 1060 Reviews

^That top left Asus card looks like a single slot card. Nice.

Also, some more info and final specs of the GTX 1060 have been revealed

http://videocardz.com/62086/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-rumors-part-5-full-specs-2-0-ghz-overclocking

First there are some Ashes of the Singularity benches that I won't post, as well as some OpenCL benchmarks that make it look faster than the 480 and 970, but slower than the 980.

See that Bitcoing Mining score? Pair that with those single slot Asus cards and I bet those cards will be very hard to find.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 can hit 2.0 GHz

Here’s the first screenshot allegedly showing GTX 1060 hitting 2 GHz in Heaven Benchmark. Card hits 2012 MHz boost clock with 116% power target and temperature at around 74 C. That’s achieved with 61% fan speed (2000 RPM), but there’s no information how loud that is. Click on the picture to see the full screenshot.

NVIDIA Pascal GP106 Block Diagram confirms 80 TMUs and 48 ROPs

The number of Texture Mapping Units and Raster Operating Units is always hard to confirm unless we have the official block diagram. Well the good news is that the diagram was leaked, so it’s no longer a secret. Just like we said those 108 TMUs shown in previous leak did not really make any sense. So it is not 108 but 80 TMUs.

However what’s interesting is the confirmation of 48 ROPs. That’s quite an upgrade over previous mid-range solutions from NVIDIA (it used to be around 32 ROPs).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

So, looks like it loses to RX 480 in Ashes, but that was to be expected because Ashes heavily favors AMD cards. Still a pretty impressive result though, it seems to match the 980 in Ashes at stock clock rates for both.

Yeah, I've been hearing from multiple sources that 2ghz overclocks are possible not only on custom cards, but even on the reference card. That's very impressive.

2.0GHz can also be had with the other 10 series GPUs with reference coolers, so it's not that surprising to see the 1060 doing the same. The 61% fan speed is the unknown part.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Hmm so, so far it falls between the 970 and the 980? God I want to see some real world performance already T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

shikamaru317 said:
JEMC said:

2.0GHz can also be had with the other 10 series GPUs with reference coolers, so it's not that surprising to see the 1060 doing the same. The 61% fan speed is the unknown part.

I saw where Digital Foundry said they were hoping they'd be able to hit 2.1ghz with a good custom cooler. If that's possible, 1060 value will be incredible for overclockers.

Nvidia cards are better overclockers than AMD, at least since AMD went the GCN route, but Pascal doesn't seem to gain as much as Maxwell when overclocked. That's why many users with overclocked 980Tis simply skipped the 1070/1080 as they gained nothing.

JEMC said:

http://videocardz.com/62086/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-rumors-part-5-full-specs-2-0-ghz-overclocking

First there are some Ashes of the Singularity benches that I won't post, as well as some OpenCL benchmarks that make it look faster than the 480 and 970, but slower than the 980.

See that Bitcoing Mining score? Pair that with those single slot Asus cards and I bet those cards will be very hard to find.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 can hit 2.0 GHz

Here’s the first screenshot allegedly showing GTX 1060 hitting 2 GHz in Heaven Benchmark. Card hits 2012 MHz boost clock with 116% power target and temperature at around 74 C. That’s achieved with 61% fan speed (2000 RPM), but there’s no information how loud that is. Click on the picture to see the full screenshot.

NVIDIA Pascal GP106 Block Diagram confirms 80 TMUs and 48 ROPs

The number of Texture Mapping Units and Raster Operating Units is always hard to confirm unless we have the official block diagram. Well the good news is that the diagram was leaked, so it’s no longer a secret. Just like we said those 108 TMUs shown in previous leak did not really make any sense. So it is not 108 but 80 TMUs.

However what’s interesting is the confirmation of 48 ROPs. That’s quite an upgrade over previous mid-range solutions from NVIDIA (it used to be around 32 ROPs).

I really doubt anyone (that aren't clueless) will use 1060s for bitcoin mining. You can buy an ASIC that gives you 20 times the bitcoin hashrate for 50 bucks.

http://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/10-gh-s-bitcoin-miner.html

GPU-bitcoin mining is history. And that thing above is just a tiny widget that isn't really intended for dedicated bitcoin miners. For those, you they buy something like this:

https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201607061255410704Cf0TyV70656

Sure, it costs 8 times the price of a 1060, but it is literally 48 THOUSAND times faster at bitcoin mining.

So yeah, I wouldn't worry about 1060s being bought up by bitcoin miners. GPUs suck for bitcoin mining.

Around the Network

Though this is Nvidia $250 card, highly doubt it will be found at that price. Surely, all cards will instead start at Founders price point. Smokey stuff, is it fair to compare $300 to $240?

My last wait on the GPU front is what AMD launches for $300. I've waited n building for more than a year.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Teeqoz said:
JEMC said:

I really doubt anyone (that aren't clueless) will use 1060s for bitcoin mining. You can buy an ASIC that gives you 20 times the bitcoin hashrate for 50 bucks.

http://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/10-gh-s-bitcoin-miner.html

GPU-bitcoin mining is history. And that thing above is just a tiny widget that isn't really intended for dedicated bitcoin miners. For those, you they buy something like this:

Sure, it costs 8 times the price of a 1060, but it is literally 48 THOUSAND times faster at bitcoin mining.

So yeah, I wouldn't worry about 1060s being bought up by bitcoin miners. GPUs suck for bitcoin mining.

I have to admit that I know nothing about mining besides what I've read in other forums, and I usually skip that part because I don't understand all the fuss about it.

That said, there was some excitement surrounding the RX 480 among that scene. You know, some of them are just "casual" miners that just buy a card and use it to mine with the hope of getting some of the card's cost back.

JEMC said:
Teeqoz said:

I have to admit that I know nothing about mining besides what I've read in other forums, and I usually skip that part because I don't understand all the fuss about it.

That said, there was some excitement surrounding the RX 480 among that scene. You know, some of them are just "casual" miners that just buy a card and use it to mine with the hope of getting some of the card's cost back.

It'll be a very miniscule amount they'll get back on the card purchase. Like, less than 1$. Heck, I doubt they'll even make back the cash they spend on extra power.

Also no worries. I've never done bitcoin mining myself, but I did some research once (before I quickly dismissed the entire thing).

EDIT: but there might be some other types of cryptocurrencies where cards like these aren't useless.

Nvidia's reviewers guide for the GTX 1060 has been leaked, and with it come some official performance figures comparing it to the previous GTX 960 and the RX 480.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 official performance leaked

http://videocardz.com/62122/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-official-performance-leaked

Are those numbers accurate? We'll find out in a few days.

I'd wait for reviews, to be honest.

Yes, those figures are impressive, but... are they legit? The use of SSAA or FXAA (developed by Nvidia) instead of other anti aliasing solutions have an impact in performance that can, in turn, make things look better or worse than they are. And then there are other graphical settings that aren't mentioned and that can have an impact on performance too.

For example, I've looked at Guru3D's and TechPowerUp's RX 480 reviews, which also feature the 960, and their results with many of the listed games is quite different.

As I've said, I'd wait for reviews.