By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vue: 100k subs and counting

i need them to support some sort of "family share" or something. i bought 2 ps4's and i think it is stupid that i can't watch vue on both consoles without having two subscriptions.

solve that and i'll subscribe.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Kerotan said:

They're already on Samsung TV'S.  It's the Sony TV'S they need to bring it too! 

PlayStation Now is on Samsung TV's. Not Vue.

Lol I'm so confused this thread.  Thanks for clearing it up! 

kitler53 said:
i need them to support some sort of "family share" or something. i bought 2 ps4's and i think it is stupid that i can't watch vue on both consoles without having two subscriptions.

From what I understand you can have it linked to one of each device - a PS3, PS4, Roku, etc

But yeah, definitely feel where you're coming from as a move like that would be beneficial toward my household as well, and I'd rather keep my PS3 with me and buy my family a PS4 while having Vue on the same network.

aLkaLiNE said:
kitler53 said:

From what I understand you can have it linked to one of each device - a PS3, PS4, Roku, etc

But yeah, definitely feel where you're coming from as a move like that would be beneficial toward my household as well, and I'd rather keep my PS3 with me and buy my family a PS4 while having Vue on the same network.

How many devices can I stream PlayStation™Vue on at once?

A single PlayStation™Vue account can simultaneously stream PlayStation™Vue on up to one PS4 console and one PS3 console in the same home. (Note: at this time, you cannot stream on two PS4 consoles or two PS3 consoles at any given time.)

You can also use PlayStation™Vue Mobile on up to 3 iOS and Android devices, as well as PlayStation™Vue on Fire TV, Roku streaming devices, and Chromecast. Up to five total streams are supported at once!

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/faq/

so you can stream on up to 5 locations,.. great.  thing is that on non-playstation devices you are required to put in the username/password of the account that has vue acceess.   ...but on playstation you don't, you log into the playstation as the account that has vue access.  if i log into 1 ps4 as me and then later my wife uses my account to log into the second playstation my first login get's killed immediatly. 

well the only streaming devices in my house are playstations.  i guess i could rehook up my ps3 but fuck that,.. the reason i bought a second ps4 was because i hate how slow the OS is on ps3 compared to ps4.  i don't want to go back.

kitler53 said:
aLkaLiNE said:

How many devices can I stream PlayStation™Vue on at once?

A single PlayStation™Vue account can simultaneously stream PlayStation™Vue on up to one PS4 console and one PS3 console in the same home. (Note: at this time, you cannot stream on two PS4 consoles or two PS3 consoles at any given time.)

You can also use PlayStation™Vue Mobile on up to 3 iOS and Android devices, as well as PlayStation™Vue on Fire TV, Roku streaming devices, and Chromecast. Up to five total streams are supported at once!

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/faq/

so you can stream on up to 5 locations,.. great.  thing is that on non-playstation devices you are required to put in the username/password of the account that has vue acceess.   ...but on playstation you don't, you log into the playstation as the account that has vue access.  if i log into 1 ps4 as me and then later my wife uses my account to log into the second playstation my first login get's killed immediatly. 

well the only streaming devices in my house are playstations.  i guess i could rehook up my ps3 but fuck that,.. the reason i bought a second ps4 was because i hate how slow the OS is on ps3 compared to ps4.  i don't want to go back.

I do think the should just let you sign in like Netflix does, so you can just have 5 streams going no matter what the devices are.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

I do think the should just let you sign in like Netflix does, so you can just have 5 streams going no matter what the devices are.

That will probably be implemented soon. The service has lots of potential. 

Normchacho said:

exactly.  and even just 3 co-current streams would be enough.  it's just as is the rules are kind of confusing.

Up to five total streams are supported at once!**

it is just odd to me that playstations are the most awkward place to use vue right now.

kitler53 said:
Normchacho said:

exactly.  and even just 3 co-current streams would be enough.  it's just as is the rules are kind of confusing.

it is just odd to me that playstations are the most awkward place to use vue right now.

To be fair with cable, Comcast at least, they charge you rental fees for each extra cable box and also a service fee.

aLkaLiNE said:
kitler53 said:

To be fair with cable, Comcast at least, they charge you rental fees for each extra cable box and also a service fee.

cable can eat a dick.  fuck comcast.  vue is an alternative because fucking comcast can fucking die in a fucking fire.

netflix allows any 6 devices and two cocurrent streams. 

I have considered, but haven't even looked at it, I need a good sports package for a decent price and I'll be in. Furthermore, my sports package must allow for me to watch my content on watchespn, nbcstream, foxstream etc anywhere (mobile, browser) by doing a simple authentication. And I would prefer to go directly to the app as opposed to have to go through vue.