By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Thoughts on the Canadian PS3 Price

Borkachev said:
Always interesting to read about the prices around the world. Does anyone know the reasons behind their country's overpricing on the PS3? I've heard bits and pieces from the EU about how it's due to taxes/tarriffs/whatever, but I haven't gotten the full story. In Canada with Free Trade and our close proximity to the US, we seem to get roughly the same deal as Americans, with occasional exceptions like the situation right now with the exchange rate change. Like someone mentioned, sometimes there are some hefty sales taxes, but I think that's something you just come to accept as normal when you live here. When it comes to electronics prices, we definitely don't have it as bad as most of the world. I remember last year the PS3 was announced as being region-free. Is that still the case in the final retail version? I'm just wondering at what point it becomes worthwhile for people in different parts of the world to skip the local shops altogether and import a system directly from the US.

I actualy think that the US prices is withput sale tax. The Swedish prices is including sale taxes (25%). The other thing is that the USD has gone from 1 USD = 7.2 SEK since launch in USA too 1 USD = 6.8 SEK that could be a reason. So without sale tax the PS3 cost  roughly 85 USD more. Not that bad. The Wii cost roughly 60 USD more. xbox360 cost 35 USD LESS. We are not getting the fucked by all companies

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!