By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I owe some of you an apology

For 20 years now, i have been gaming and did nothing but enjoying it. 
I never really spent much time on Internet during these times cause my parent's didn't have internet. 
(It was a pain in the ass to be honest, all those Multiplayer experience i missed out in the past)

In 2013, that was the year i first discovered that Fanboyism was a serious problem in gaming, i haven't experienced trolls or haters like this. 
Yes, i got sucked into it..  In the beginning it started with me just trying to rationalize the discussion and after a while it made me hate XB fanboys and it went so far that i ended up being nothing better at all, a dumbass of a PS fanboy, even though i am more fund of PC, i am sure most people understand that most of the click bait's comes from Console-fanboys, even though there are some smart-ass PC fanboy crashing the party occasionally. 

I just watched a AlphaOmegasin Video, where he actually managed to really snap me back at the right spot and i have realized what a idiot i truly was.
I just realized it doesn't matter what you play on, because in my mind it's okay for me to prefer PC and Ps4 as my main-platforms, i enjoy them both and that made me think: If i can accept the graphic's on the Ps4, why shouldn't XB fans also be able to appriciate what they like?  I am tired of getting hate from all sides and there is nothing i can do or say that can stop it, just the attempt alone was the reason i ended where i ended.. 
It's my own fault, i let myself be weak and i ended up being quite hurt-ful towards people here and there. Gaming is nothing but a entertainment for us to escape the real world, we don't need to create a virtual copy of that when gaming originally was a escape way for us to relax and experience things we won't see in real life. 

I am sorry to everyone i might have caused some hurt or annoyance, i actually appriciate what VGChartz are trying to do that Youtube fails completely to do, keep it gaming and no hate involved. I am sorry.

I wish you all a great gaming session and cheers.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network

It doesn't matter what you play on. I will never talk down on someones game or console preference or gaming preference period. Be it PS or consoles or whatever.

The problem is that there are people that genuinely come to forums to either get information or discuss things. And there are those that would come and say things that simply aren't true (aka fanboys). If left unchecked, its basically them spreading misinformation and tainting the decisions of those thst may just be there to get honest information.

Thats at least how it starts. In forums, some of these ppl become somewhat consistent, and increasingly determined to force their opinions on others or just outright stupid and immature to the point where they simply can't respect that everyone has a preference.

if all goes well, you can have nice discussions (even if a little heated) while sharing differences in opinions....... if all goes well.

Ah, Alpha Omega Sin, the great youtube equalizer. He does tell it like it is, and the only people who can tell it like it is are people who have no strong bias and play games on the big 3, and obscure game consoles. You can't tell a story if you don't know all the chapters.

As for Fanboyism, it's going to exist. Not everyone on the internet is um... has all the lights on upstairs for various reasons. Not everyone can rationalize. Some people have to be right all the time or you'll have hell to pay and to those people, I just wonder what makes them that way, agree with them, and move on. Even if I don't agree with them, I'll do it just to evade the otherwise useless conversation. Be neutral. I used to be a full blown Nintendo fanboy until I found out about the PS1.

As time goes on, you just don't have time to argue about silly stuff anymore. Just play what you like and converse with those who like what you like. If somebody has something else to say, if it isn't constructive, it's no use in talking to them. Their only goal is to troll.

Baryonyx said:

For 20 years now, i have been gaming and did nothing but enjoying it. 
I never really spent much time on Internet during these times cause my parent's didn't have internet. 
(It was a pain in the ass to be honest, all those Multiplayer experience i missed out in the past)

In 2013, that was the year i first discovered that Fanboyism was a serious problem in gaming, i haven't experienced trolls or haters like this. 
Yes, i got sucked into it..  In the beginning it started with me just trying to rationalize the discussion and after a while it made me hate XB fanboys and it went so far that i ended up being nothing better at all, a dumbass of a PS fanboy, even though i am more fund of PC, i am sure most people understand that most of the click bait's comes from Console-fanboys, even though there are some smart-ass PC fanboy crashing the party occasionally. 

I just watched a AlphaOmegasin Video, where he actually managed to really snap me back at the right spot and i have realized what a idiot i truly was.
I just realized it doesn't matter what you play on, because in my mind it's okay for me to prefer PC and Ps4 as my main-platforms, i enjoy them both and that made me think: If i can accept the graphic's on the Ps4, why shouldn't XB fans also be able to appriciate what they like?  I am tired of getting hate from all sides and there is nothing i can do or say that can stop it, just the attempt alone was the reason i ended where i ended.. 
It's my own fault, i let myself be weak and i ended up being quite hurt-ful. Gaming is nothing but a entertainment for us to escape the real world, we don't need to create a virtual copy of that when gaming originally was a escape way for us to relax and experience things we won't see in real life. 

I am sorry to everyone i might have caused some hurt or annoyance, i actually appriciate what VGChartz are trying to do that Youtube fails completely to do, keep it gaming and no hate involved. I am sorry.

I wish you all a great gaming session and cheers.

We all do dumb things mate. Sooner or later we all look at our past and drink bleach to forget it realize that we all make mistakes.

Anyhow, nice to see you man up and apologize. Not too many people do that in today's society. 

👍

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Always a good thing to look inward and find ways to improve oneself.

Around the Network

People can play what they want :D

But as long as there are people who will say "mine is better", they will illicit a "Nuh-uh mine is" response.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
People can play what they want :D

But as long as there are people who will say "mine is better", they will illicit a "Nuh-uh mine is" response.

Your simplistic way of describing it sounds just like i remember the 90s, i remember most of the conversations never got further then ''Mine is best'' and that was basically it all... All i remember is that we all ended up visiting each-other to be able to share the same fun on different consoles with different unique games, which again proves that all we said back then was nothing but personal proudness of owning a console, so basically we refused to admit that we wanted the other consoles as well, so ''Mine is best'' 

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Meh. People will always choose sides and defend their side. No different than sports. There's going to be a little teasing on both sides. As long as your not being a complete dick about it, or spreading misinformation, all is well.

thismeintiel said:
Meh. People will always choose sides and defend their side. No different than sports. There's going to be a little teasing on both sides. As long as your not being a complete dick about it, or spreading misinformation, all is well.

Huge difference to sports, as the whole point of sport is to have a winner. Gaming is different, It's about enjoying what you enjoy. If a company fails then it's fans lose out, but there are no winners per se as there is nothing to win. 

Part of the problem of the console wars is that at no time in living memory has every console on the market been a true success. Sega consoles declined away to oblivion. Nintendo consoles declined every generation until the Wii and that proved to be a blip on the landscape. Sony almost went bankrupt with PS3 (actually it wasn't PS3's fault, it was other things, but PS3 was a drain at a time when Sony really didn't need it) and until Wii U came along it was the biggest generational downfall. Xbox appeared and was a financial flop and didn't light the world on fire with sales numbers. Wii U and Xb one both failed to capitalise on successful predecessors.

Basically every generation has had at least one console brand being called doomed. And when every generation starts with everyone wondering who's turn it is to be the doomed console people get really defensive about anything negative coming out about the hardware they have enjoyed the most. If every brand was successful every generation there'd be less of this hate towards the other brands and towards fans of the other brands.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix