By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mighty No. 9 Does Not Suck

Exactley my assumptions. I still wont get it for the Wii U like originally planned because of the system breaking bug i might pick up the PS4 version if it goes down in price and look what this game really is about . Whats up with this hive mentallity latley when it comes to Video Games?

Around the Network

I heard its better than nothing.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people saying it sucks and it has been getting me down since I was hoping it wouldn't. Hearing this helped me feel better about that.

I completely agree that people should actually PLAY a game before either destroying its reputation or announcing it as the Second Coming.

That said, extended gameplay footage is often a good clue as to whether one will like or dislike something. And the Mighty No. 9 footage isn't encouraging, at least to me.

But I look forward to finding out for myself.

Planning on playing it, when i'm done with Resident Evil Zero.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Exactley my assumptions. I still wont get it for the Wii U like originally planned because of the system breaking bug i might pick up the PS4 version if it goes down in price and look what this game really is about . Whats up with this hive mentallity latley when it comes to Video Games?

You think it's a hive mentality?

As in, every media outlets are one and the same and every of their reviewers consult each others before posting their reviews?

Hynad said:
Ruler said:

As in, every media outlet are one and the same and every of their reviewers consult each others before posting their reviews?

Even weirder I find is the suggestion that we should not believe the majority of people who say it sucks but instead listen to this person and watch a youtube video which says it doesn't and believe them instead?. I mean neither of those options are forming an opinion for yourself. It's still going with a hive mind, just a different smaller hive.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Hynad said:

As in, every media outlet are one and the same and every of their reviewers consult each others before posting their reviews?

Even weirder I find is the suggestion that we should not believe the majority of people who say it sucks but instead listen to this person and watch a youtube video which says it doesn't and believe them instead?. I mean neither of those options are forming an opinion for yourself. It's still going with a hive mind, just a different smaller hive.

I don't follow the hive mind. And I really don't care about it. Well... It annoys me quite abit at times. But mostly because it's annoying to see many aren't capable of forming an opinion of their own.

I have a few reviewers and website I trust, because they more often than not align with what I seek in games. I will watch some trailers, some gameplay videos, and read or watch reviews from sites or personalities I found that share similar gaming interests and expectations to mine. Usually, I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from a game before I buy it. In Mighty no. 9's case, I've read the Eurogamer review, and except for their complaint about the cheap end level second forms, they said it is Inafune's best game to date. That is enough for me to give the game the benefit of doubt. And I will most likely give it a chance once it comes down in price, or when it gets a momentary price drop on Steam or PSN.

Hynad said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I don't follow the hive mind. And I really don't care about it. Well... It annoys me quite abit at times. But mostly because it's annoying to see many aren't capable of forming an opinion of their own.

I have a few reviewers and website I trust, because they more often than not align with what I seek in games. I will watch some trailers, some gameplay videos, and read or watch reviews from sites or personalities I found that share similar gaming interests and expectations to mine. Usually, I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from a game before I buy it. In Mighty no. 9's case, I've read the Eurogamer review, and except for their complaint about the cheap end level second forms, they said it is Inafune's best game to dare. That is enough for me to give the game the benefit of doubt. And I will most likely give it a chance once it comes down in price, or when it gets a price drop on Steam or PSN.

Just on the possibility that this statement holds any truth to it I would consider a purchase at a point too... but... based on all the other news of this game, both gameplay and otherwise, It would also need to be heavily reduced (or heavily pirated)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

According to this person you shouldn't listen to what other people have to say about a game. Let's listen what he has to say about this game!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.