By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brexit discussion thread- UPDATE: the majority chose leave!

Should Britain stay or leave?

Stay! 185 48.43%

Leave! 197 51.57%

Total:382
Soundwave said:

EU should force them out immediately. It'd be hilarious. 

I'm from the UK and sadly that's the only way they'd learn, EU should press them to leave asap, it would also bring most of the leave mob back to reality.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
LurkerJ said:

Basically...

What a sad sad day. I can't imagine how some of you British guys feel. I keep checking the news looking for a glimpse of hope that this is not gonna go through :(

It's a circus right now over here, you have some leave voters saying they regret their vote and never realized what it meant while the rest of them are saying yeah it'll be hard at first but things should be fine in the long run yet non of them can come up with a logical explanation of how we'll be fine, they're just blurting out optimistic babble that it's all going to fall into place.

The sad thing is only way to educate some of the leave mob is for it to actually happen and the negatives to kick in for it to hit home at that point the's no going back while a U-turn would spare us that it would give them a cause to continue moaning about the EU and how their choice wasn't given to them.

I don't want to see that happening just because some 65 old farts decided they wanted to fuck over the younger generations.

and Why do you have to be over 18 to vote? An arbitrary number that doesn't make sense. England has contributed to art, to medicine , to literature and......... I am still in denial.

LurkerJ said:
and Why do you have to be over 18 to vote?

Looking at the voters who regret their vote, 18 seems to be too early for them.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
poklane said:
lmao http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/i-really-regret-my-vote-now-the-brexit-voters-who-wish-theyd-voted-to-remain-a3280361.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAH

I havn't laughed so much in such a long time. Scotland, really? You could become independent of the UK, voted to stay, now you got removed from the EU even if you wanted to stay in the EU.

This is so evil.

What the http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-referendum-results-londoners-call-for-capital-to-become-independent-state-after-brexit-vote-a3279801.html
How would that even work, a city with no resources of its own.

So, I voted Leave and regret it.

It's going to sound stupid, but I am OK with free trade, open borders and all of that. I just wanted the banks, political parties and media elite to feel some of the economic pain my area is experiencing (I live in the rural North, no one has ever cared about us, the GDP/stock market going up has never caused actual jobs to be advertised or actual wages to rise here).

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

What the http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-referendum-results-londoners-call-for-capital-to-become-independent-state-after-brexit-vote-a3279801.html
How would that even work, a city with no resources of its own.

London has one massive advantage, it's the financial capital of the world, almost every business and investor transaction takes place or goes through London, as a result it generates the main bulk of the money for the UK so as an independent state it would be better off than the rest of the country. London remaining in EU's alliance would mean business goes on as normal.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/24/media/brexit-film-tv-game-of-thrones-united-kingdom/index.html?sr=twCNN062416brexit-film-tv-game-of-thrones-united-kingdom0726PMVODtopPhoto&linkId=25893942

Wow... if it would have a negative effect on the show, people would climb their roofs out of rage towards UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Soleron said:

So, I voted Leave and regret it.

It's going to sound stupid, but I am OK with free trade, open borders and all of that. I just wanted the banks, political parties and media elite to feel some of the economic pain my area is experiencing (I live in the rural North, no one has ever cared about us, the GDP/stock market going up has never caused actual jobs to be advertised or actual wages to rise here).

Wow. You are one the smartest people I've run across on VGC. I am always interested in reading your posts, I think you've been around since I started lurking the forums 6 years ago. 

I am shocked you voted leave..... and Kowen voted remain. 

Don't feel bad though, your anger is justified, I know what it feels like being a part of a neglected portion of the society.

In my opinion they did what is best for their country. With mainland Europe being on the way to become an economically weak and radical Islamic superstate ruled by illegal immigrants, staying was never an option.

I had to do it