By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Scalebound performance by Digital Foundry.

Tagged games:

Goatseye said:
AsGryffynn said:

The thing is, even for a game of this scale, higher frame rates should be easy. While close, it definitely fluctuates. Either they used a rather weak PC or an Xbox One... Of course, there's the third option... Using a dev kit. A PC with Xbox One tier parts might be one of the platforms they used to showcase the game, but it makes no sense to showcase it in a PC if it's dropping below 30 FPS unless they wanted to give us an impression of how it'd run on the XONE... 

It is easy to get higher than 30fps in open world games on consoles?

PC... 

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Goatseye said:

It is easy to get higher than 30fps in open world games on consoles?

PC... 

I think the point might have been if you look at the frame rates of something like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 on the X1 and then look at the nearly locked solid 30fps of Scalebound does it not make you wonder about how well that game is optimized to mantain that? I personally think a slightly higher spec machine than the X1 with a frame limit of 30fps could still very well give you those tiny dips from 30 which were shown at busy moments, just an opinion of course only time will really show if we get a game as polished looking as that E3 demo was.

Again I'm not meaning to knock the demo at all or the X1, just discuss the platforms AsGryffynn, I'm sure DF will be doing more breakdowns of a game of this scale when it close to release :)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I'm bummed so many people seem bearish on Scalebound :(

I'll admit the gameplay footage didn't set the world on fire, but sometimes it can be misleading. I remember seeing games like Destiny and Star Wars Battlefront at E3, thinking these look phenomenal. And then a harsh reality set in at launch.

I dunno, I trust Kamiya to deliver the goods. And it's kind of exciting that Platinum is branching outside of the hack and slash genre and tackling an action RPG.

Ganoncrotch said:
But that was a thing about this years E3 from Microsoft, was that game running on X1 hardware, or was it a Win10 PC?

E3 2016: Microsoft has used PC demos for its Xbox One

Source: http://n4g.com/news/1921114/e3-2016-microsoft-has-used-pc-demos-for-its-xbox-one

Least it runs better than the new Zelda game, but not my type of game.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
AsGryffynn said:

PC... 

I think the point might have been if you look at the frame rates of something like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 on the X1 and then look at the nearly locked solid 30fps of Scalebound does it not make you wonder about how well that game is optimized to mantain that? I personally think a slightly higher spec machine than the X1 with a frame limit of 30fps could still very well give you those tiny dips from 30 which were shown at busy moments, just an opinion of course only time will really show if we get a game as polished looking as that E3 demo was.

Again I'm not meaning to knock the demo at all or the X1, just discuss the platforms AsGryffynn, I'm sure DF will be doing more breakdowns of a game of this scale when it close to release :)

No, I understand that, which is why I mentioned that it's either running on the XONE or a dev kit with similar specs... 

AsGryffynn said:
Ganoncrotch said:

No, I understand that, which is why I mentioned that it's either running on the XONE or a dev kit with similar specs... 

Oh yeah I'm sure it would be somewhere in line of it, even from the n4g article linked a few comments up (dear lord why did I click an n4g article.... dirty dirty dirty) but yeah the line not mentioned in the title of the article is "The proposed demo was running on a PC with very similar specifications to the Xbox One." So it's basically just a PC with the specs of an Xbox for the sake of having more control than a stock console on stage because of how much easier it is to work with a PC than a console on the day.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive