By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry - Several sources indicate Neo will launch this year

It better. There are some games I want to play on it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

My brother desperately wants a PS4...if I buy a Neo, I would have an extra PS4 to give him. Two birds, one stone :)

From the Neo Mode we hear is happening mandatory from September onward and that PSVR will be soo much better on PS4Neo I expect it to release by October/November and have the holidays taken.

I'm very much excited and waiting for it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ganoncrotch said:
Guitarguy said:

Totally forgot about the cloud! I know Sony have made some outlandish statements in regards to hardware in the past, but nothing beats the CLOUD!!!

Seriously though, if the cloud had the potiential to push the X1 from 8x X360's to 32x X360s that would be 4x the 1.3teraflops of power inside it bringing it up to 5.2teraflops for the base X1 model, but what became of the power raining from above? Absolutely nothing.

Drivatars was a thing I guess, not sure was there really 3.9 teraflops of power behind the car AI... I'd wager there wasn't.

But yeah, showing this sort of show to Japan with the launch of the X1 there, like... did they not realize exactly which nation they were hoping to fool? Japan had learned about buzzwords with consoles back in the days of BLAST PROCESSING, I guess the megadrive promised HD graphics too though... well... High definition, with no numbers involved to suggest what was low definition.

I guess Sega set the precedent for being able to write any old shite on your console :D

At the time of launch we could say Genesis was High Defition (compared to Famicon, since Master System wasn't that relevant)... There wasn't a HD defined at the time anyway, and of course they didn't really hit SD (that only trully happened with PS2, and nowadays we complain if we don't hit the next top resolution available by each gen)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Teeqoz said:
Uabit said:

So when are they going to reveal psneo? At psx? Because E3 was the perfect place...

How on earth was E3 the perfect place? It's like 4 months before the condole is likely to release. Why kill 4 months of sales?

i agree

Around the Network

Makes sense. PSVR launches this year, and if it came next year it would be closer to Scorpio's specs. I think most of us expect late 2016.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Makes sense. PSVR launches this year, and if it came next year it would be closer to Scorpio's specs. I think most of us expect late 2016.

And would be strange to demand Neo Mode more than 1 year ahead of release.

I feel like it will come out this year. PSVR+NEO just makes to much sense. I think they will offer PSVR pre-orders the first dibs at Neo when they announce it. Since Europe has massively outdone other territories when ot comes to accessories, peripherals, and redesigns, Gamescom seems like the best place to make the push.

I don't think we will see a PS4 Slim. The current PS4 is already as small as it needs to be. All I see happenong is a price cut to $299.99, and 4K Blu-ray compatibility.

With PS4 at $299.99 and Neo at $499.99, they should have the best holiday in the history of PlayStation.

Looking further down the road. I think we will see one more PS4 in 2019 with improved hardware, and a new 4k PSVR. This will offer the same games as PS4, and give us 4k/60. Then PS5 should arrive in 2023 or 2024 with HMB, SSD, and many other features that will be much too expensive until then. This will be when PS4 finally looses support, and Neo begins its last years of getting new games, albeit only in 1080p/30fps.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

If the Neo is indeed weaker, its a good move cause they will beat MS to the market and get the holiday sales boost.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It'd be pretty interesting if this is true. It launching a year~ earlier than the Scorpio, and likely at a lower price, would be reasonable justification for it being around 30%~ weaker. It would also make it likely that Sony and MS will in effect start taking turns in releasing hardware, so they'd be constantly looking to one upping each other (which would arguably encourage more competition).