By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU version of Zelda:BotW should be a late release. NX first.

A Wii U release first, delaying this for the NX release is a slap to the Wii U owners. Means they are not valued.

Around the Network

They did it with Twilight Princess. It worked. Nobody cared, and those that did were a very tiny minority. I'd say they should do anything to make the NX look good, I also would have, and I said that before, moved Paper Mario to NX.

sc94597 said:
FunFan said:

No one is screwing anyone over because theres no cancellation. And no matter how pissed off Ninty fans are, when they see it on NX in stores they are forgetting their disgust for sure.

I would skip the game honestly. And probably never buy a Nintendo console for a very long time.

Even if is only a week or so? i mean I dont agree with the OP but this sounds extremist.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 24 July 2018

sc94597 said:
FunFan said:

No one is screwing anyone over because theres no cancellation. And no matter how pissed off Ninty fans are, when they see it on NX in stores they are forgetting their disgust for sure.

I would skip the game honestly. And probably never buy a Nintendo console for a very long time.

umhuh. Easier said than done.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
That would cause a huge shitstorm that would hurt whatever hype NX could build until its release.

No matter how huge that shitstorm is Im confident the Zelda hype will be way bigger and thus will prevail.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Goodnightmoon said:
sc94597 said:

Even if is only a week or so? i mean I dont agree with the OP but this sounds extremist.

What would be the point of a week delay? I would probably buy the game used and I certainly won't get an NX after such a scenario.

sc94597 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What would be the point of a week delay? I would probably buy the game used and I certainly won't get an NX after such a scenario.

I think that's what happened with TP though, it was like a week later in GC, wich is not a nice thing to do, but ... is only a week XD

FunFan said:
sc94597 said:

umhuh. Easier said than done.

I ha e done it before. Didn't buy a Wii U until last december. I have no sympathy for companies that treat their fans like shit.

If the Wii U version was delayed a week I would have to cut myself off from the internet until it released to avoid being spoiled. As much as I love Nintendo there is no way I'm getting the NX at launch, even for Zelda, I just couldn't afford it. I'll be lucky to get it in 2017 at all.