By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has pulled the Ultimate middle finger to their core fans for the last 3 generations.

Does Nintendo care about their core fans ?

Hulk Hogan voice ( Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhh ) 87 32.22%

Hell to the NO 121 44.81%

Well to be fair, The Wii ... 62 22.96%

Total:270
DevilRising said:
sabastian said:

1) Why does Nintendo continue to release inferior Hardware, as compared to their competition ?

2) Why are Nintendo fans Not calling out Nintendo on their past history of low end hardware ? Past 3 generations Nintendo has had absolutely ZERO interest in releasing high end hardware.

Care to explain. 

1. This rhetoric and this argument are both old AND tired.

2. Gamecube was actually significantly more powerful than PS2 hardware in certain ways. It's main drawback was smaller disc size.

3. Raw hardware power means nothing. The Dreamcast was a very powerful console for it's time, and it bombed. The Sega Master System was technically more powerful than the NES, yet a lot of people in NA didn't even know the console existed. PS1 and PS2 were less powerful than N64 and GC, yet they sold far better.

4. Why should Nintendo fans "call Nintendo out" on lower hardware specs? If they give us good games, then who gives a shit? Wii U only failed because Nintendo did not, apparently, fully think things through when they entered into HD. Their marketing of the console was shit right out of the gate and never really recovered, and while it had many good games, it also never (within it's main lifespan when it would have mattered) had what I'd argue was a truly GREAT game, like the upcoming Zelda, that's now getting ported to NX. Third party publishers didn't leave Wii U because of it's power.

In fact, as people so conveniently forget, many publishers were on board at launch. On paper, Wii U's launch lineup was great, and gamers were initially very excited that it was getting (mostly contemporary) ports of games like Assassin's Creed, Darksiders, Batman, Mass Effect, etc. And it was originally supposed to have third party exclusives like Rayman Legends. It wasn't until sales dried up in a hurry after the new year in 2013, that they eventually migrated away from it. Companies like Ubisoft and Activision stuck it out for a couple of years, but in the interim, Nintendo had mismanaged their own development cycles, delaying Wii U software, and developing other games for 3DS that arguably should have been Wii U games.

There are many reasons Wii U failed, but not one of them was console power. Third parties were just fine with Wii U's power, they left because the system, and their games, weren't selling very well.

5. I can't speak for all Nintendo fans, but most of the ones I know, myself included, couldn't give a single hot shit whether Nintendo's next system is super powerful or not. So long as it's got GAMES, that's what matters. And just because they recently gave their typical "we care about games over horsepower" type of line, which honestly is a good philosophy, doesn't mean NX will be "weak" hardware.

Even in recent years, the 3DS is less powerful than the Vita, but it offers great games.

Around the Network

Do you mean like this?

Sorry, it's the best I could find.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Because we all know you can't have great games on lower specs?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

They cant go high end, cause they cant compete with Sony/MS
They cant go low end cause some people will see it as too weak
they cant do another Wii cause people dont care about motion controls that much anymore
What can Ninty do to have a good selling console. and I mean 60+mil?

1) So why then has the next Zelda game missed the Wii-U to be released on the NX ?

2) Has now gone open super world...

Around the Network
Tsubasa said:
Better hardware does not always mean better games. Because you still have to work an them.
But weaker hardware STILL means weaker games. It restricts development and the evolution of their IPs.
And hardware is not just about graphic.

Nintendo tries to makes up for it with their ideas and unique gameplay, so the games are still fun.
But often it does not mean a big evolution. Its just different. Personally I think that's sad.

It's not like core nintendo fans are a given. Nintendo lost many of these fans and still will, if they are unable to handle their droughts. And I don't think they can if the NX is not strong enough for 3. party titles.
Power does matter. Fans can change their mind. And Nintendo is struggeling right now.

Thats why releasing a weak hardware is such a big deal.

1) Tell that to all the PS/MS gamers that get all the awesome 3rd party games.

2) Nintendo has released a ton of crap sequils in the last few uears. 

Teeqoz said:
Last 3 generations? The Gamecube had powerful hardware...

It had! I loved my gamecube :) the last nintendo console I really enjoyed, also, the controller was amazing for the time, I remember playing Zelda, Mario sunshine, Mario Kart, part, and many THIRD party games, even fifa and stuff on it, godlike console. They should return to a console with decent hardware and a great controller.

Gamecube failed partially because they didn't provide a DVD player, had strange small discs and the PS2 had way to many third party exclusives (like Final Fantas, Metal Gear 2 and so) for a time because it launched so much earlier and everyone bought into the hype or bought it as a DVD player lol.

Anyway, big point short, I DO FEEL CHEATED by nintendo and I DO want a return to form, my Nes, Snes, N64 and Gamecube are all still in my house and I loved nintendo during that period, don't give me more gimmicks, give me more gaming, pleassseeee

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Puppyroach said:
SJReiter said:
Because we want good games and don't give a crap how powerful the hardware is.

/thread

This all day long.

The Nintendo Seal Of Aproval has been missing for generations now. 

Content > specs. N64 and GameCube were both superior to PlayStation yet they didn't have the content. I love my Wii and wiiu content more than my ps3 or the Xbox one. I'm looking forward to the NX.

RolStoppable said:
The ultimate middle finger is something like not making Super Mario Bros. 5 because the developers feel like not making it. Or something like returning to the dual analog standard after consciously rejecting it a generation before and as a result having the most successful home console of their history. In other words, something qualifies as giving the middle finger when it equates the rejection of something that sold well.

Besides, how are core Nintendo fans supposed to convincingly argue that high end hardware was a key factor of the Nintendo experience when Nintendo's handhelds have consistently sat at the bottom each generation?

The premise of this thread is flawed. This thread is trash. It's yet another Sony fan trying to speak for Nintendo fans/calling out Nintendo fans/complaining that Nintendo fans give Nintendo a free pass. I wouldn't mind if the mods left such garbage open if they dragged the original poster back into the conversation, because the original post is so poorly conceived that a lack of a response is indefensible. Basically, the mod team needs to have an attitude like non-mod Veknoid_Outcast is currently showing.

In the lets say past generations, online gaming has taken off. Every PS/M$ gamer has had the privilage of being able to play some of the most fantastic 3rd party online games, when Nintendo gamers have NOT. If Nintendo would make a console with enough specs to handle both 1st party & 3rd party games, Nintendo gamers will not have the need to own a 2nd or even 3rd console to satisfy their online gaming thirst.

There are allot of PS/M$ gamers that own only 1 console, cause they can get great 1st party games as well as all of the 3rd party offerings.