By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Judging by the reactions here, MS maybe is doing right with Scorpio.

Soundwave said:
Goodnightmoon said:
This is VGC, is pretty damn hard to be a Microsoft/Xbox fan here, there is an horde of people prepared to smash every news related with xb within seconds, wether they are good or bad is insignificant.

Agreed, I can't help but think if Sony was making the Scorpio and MS was making the Neo, the reaction would be completely "haha, Sony's awesome, one-upping MS again, enjoy your crappy upgrade XBox fans, wait for Sony Scorpio it's going to be a BEAST!". 

Type thing. 

This sounds so realisitic it's uncanny!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
think-man said:
Xbox community is dead on this site, they all vanished once the X1 flopped.

I'm still here :-O

Don't fall for this, people. The logic is so flawed that I can only assume the purpose here is to start a flame war. Criticism or negative speculation is certainly not always unjustified or driven only by fear. Moreover, this is a video-game forum during the biggest news week of the year; speculation about big announcements is to be expected.

Not only that, but looking at one of the threads the OP mentioned, many of those voicing negative opinions are Nintendo fans, yet that isn't mentioned. Seems kind of odd, doesn't it?

Don't be manipulated--at least not so obviously.

MrCkurab said:
Naufraguito said:

That's exactly my point, we don't know almost nothing about Scorpio or Neo, but Scorpio hace generated a huge amount of criticism and FUD here. All depends of execution, how Sony & Microsoft will act from now, but all this hate tell me that Scorpio is a reason to be worried for a Sony fan, and maybe for Sony itself, and that only can be good for MS, and for gaming industry.

^ Completely agree.

Also, have you seen the NX threads? We currently know MORE about Scorpio than about NX and it hasnt stopped people from opening a whole bunch of "NX is dead an arrival" "NX needs to fail" "Nintendo fucked up and needs to go third party" etc... Threads all over the forum. Its just getting tiring.

The thread about how Nintendo deserves to fail, is one of the worst that i've seen here. Come on, all three do troll, and lie, and are cryptic to sell, but of the three Ninty is mostly the good guy.

@Zanten you're saying it yourself, we don't know when, or at what price was Sony planning to launch the Neo, if the announcement of Scorpio put them nervous, maybe will be earlier, or they can put more effort, or try to compete in price, and that is very positive for us consumers. Now this is a chess play between Sony and Microsoft, this is going to be good.

Tim and The Princes...

pokoko said:
Don't fall for this, people. The logic is so flawed that I can only assume the purpose here is to start a flame war. Criticism or negative speculation is certainly not always unjustified or driven only by fear. Moreover, this is a video-game forum during the biggest news week of the year; speculation about big announcements is to be expected.

Not only that, but looking at one of the threads the OP mentioned, many of those voicing negative opinions are Nintendo fans, yet that isn't mentioned. Seems kind of odd, doesn't it?

I've only focused on Sony because they're are the biggest fanbase here, and Neo is the direct competition of Scorpio, because the're the same exact concept of console, but I'm not want this thread turn into flamewar, and end being closed. 

I've updated the OP and my first message to erase every direct mention to sony, or sony fans. I'm only exposing the point that if your rivals overcritizice you, maybe are worried, and if they are worried, maybe is because you're doing something very well.

PS: Seems a little strange to me that is wrong for me to alude certain company directly, or certain fanbase, but there's nothing wrong with all the threads (some of them talking about the same exact aspect of Scorpio) critizicing Microsoft, or Nintendo.

Tim and The Princes...

Around the Network
Naufraguito said:
pokoko said:

I've only focused on Sony because they're are the biggest fanbase here, and Neo is the direct competition of Scorpio, because the're the same exact concept of console, but I'm not want this thread turn into flamewar, and end being closed. 

I've updated the OP and my first message to erase every direct mention to sony, or sony fans. I'm only exposing the point that if your rivals overcritizice you, maybe are worried, and if they are worried, maybe is because you're doing something very well.

Maybe, maybe not.  Each point would have to be refuted individually.  Some threads seem valid, some do not.  The same is true for all the brands, as we have members from each faction who go out their way to post negative news about consoles they don't like.

The PS3, Xbox One, and 3DS all got a lot of initial criticism and much of it was justified.  They were all actually doing something wrong at first and the criticism resulted in positive change.

One other thing, though, is that most indicators point to Nintendo having the most support here.

pokoko said:
Naufraguito said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Each point would have to be refuted individually.  Some threads seem valid, some do not.  The same is true for all the brands, as we have members from each faction who go out their way to post negative news about consoles they don't like.

The PS3, Xbox One, and 3DS all got a lot of initial criticism and much of it was justified.  They were all actually doing something wrong at first and the criticism resulted in positive change.

One other thing, though, is that most indicators point to Nintendo having the most support here.

You're right, maybe and maybe not, but think that maybe yes, and talk about that is already valid, and is not offensive for any one. Like we said in Spain "Ladran, luego cabalgamos" (They're are barking at us, so we are moving forward). 

Tim and The Princes...

Of course they are doing right. They also did right with Xbox One. Remember the time when resolution didn't matter any more? That was last week.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Of course they are doing right. They also did right with Xbox One. Remember the time when resolution didn't matter any more? That was last week.

Yeah, the last week was "MS is dropping console market" then they launch one revision of X1 and announce another for the next year. MS is suprising and proving wrong a lot of people's argument recently, fans and haters.

Tim and The Princes...

Definitely doing it right. Without Scorpio Sony fans would still be on about how the Neo will ruin consoles forever. Now that MS jumped on as well, people slowly come to terms with it.

I just feel really bad for MS. They do the right thing, releasing a very powerful console, try to get their games on as many devices as possible. Without any sarcasm I think this is great and probably the most pro consumer move anyone has made this gen. It's just so sad that because they're so consumer friendly I will never ever buy an Xbox since I already have a PC. Meanwhile I will most definitely buy a Neo. Even though it may be less powerful and Sony are still being assholes for not releasing their games for PC. I feel dirty for supporting the obvious scumbag this gen :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.