By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo addressing the family market with NX according to Ubisoft

Prediction: Will NX top Wii in sales?

Yes 38 14.29%

No 185 69.55%

Yo Mama 43 16.17%

Total:266

Likely means it not a powerhouse of a machine. I am ok with that, as long as it's not marginally better than the Wii U and actually has SOME power.

Around the Network
DoctorHorrible said:

Nintendo released a purple cube with a wonky controller and proprietary disc storage... That's why GC failed and doesn't support your points

Explain Xbox then, used DVDs and a different controller yet sold the same, simple fact is it was other factors, releasing a duplicate of the competition like what MS andNintendo did doesn't solve the problem it makes it worse.

GC failed for the same reason as Xbox and Wii U and the struggling X1, mainstream market only stick to one platform mainly.

bigtakilla said:
DoctorHorrible said:

Because one person said it was for him? That's not how it works

Nope, had nothing to do with the terrible advertising and huge droughts of games, it was the price, and the controller (lol).

Exactly, a steady supply of games and better advertising showcasing the games would make it easy for people to get past the controller and price.

Wyrdness said:
DoctorHorrible said:

Nintendo released a purple cube with a wonky controller and proprietary disc storage... That's why GC failed and doesn't support your points

Explain Xbox then, used DVDs and a different controller yet sold the same, simple fact is it was other factors, releasing a duplicate of the competition like what MS andNintendo did doesn't solve the problem it makes it worse.

Do you really not know your history?

1. First attempt while son Sony is at its peak. 2. MS is known for SW at this point and not HW. 3. Xbox was a huge box. 4. Didn't have games when compared to Sony. 5. Needed an add on for dvd functions...

6 still sold more than GC. 7. Life span cut short from suppliers

DoctorHorrible said:
bigtakilla said:

Nope, had nothing to do with the terrible advertising and huge droughts of games, it was the price, and the controller (lol).

Exactly, a steady supply of games and better advertising showcasing the games would make it easy for people to get past the controller and price.

What I will say about the price (and don't get me wrong, price probably did have had a small impact on consumers from the start), is that only a $50 price cut with the system being in its 4th year (not even any holiday limited time price cuts) also hasn't done it any favors. 

Basically on release I don't see the $350 premium console being all that shunned due to price. I do think with what it has to offer, and it being in its forth year, the lack of price cuts are essentially hurting it more now than the price when the console released.

Around the Network
DoctorHorrible said:

1. First attempt while son Sony is at its peak. 2. MS is known for SW at this point and not HW. 3. Xbox was a huge box. 4. Didn't have games when compared to Sony. 5. Needed an add on for dvd functions...

I know it alot better than you.

- You said GC had a restrictive format yet Xbox used the same DVD format as PS2, most games that gen could also easily fit on GC discs no problem.
- PS4 was a huge box so?
- No shit this goes back to what I was saying, it's not controller or what your said it's the way the market was, developers stuck to one platform as did consumers.
- MS themselve killed it off when it was clear PS2 could be caught, 3 years in 360 was announced.

Wyrdness said:
DoctorHorrible said:

I know it alot better than you.

- You said GC had a restrictive format yet Xbox used the same DVD format as PS2, most games that gen could also easily fit on GC discs no problem.
- PS4 was a huge box so?
- No shit this goes back to what I was saying, it's not controller or what your said it's the way the market was, developers stuck to one platform as did consumers.
- MS themselve killed it off when it was clear PS2 could be caught, 3 years in 360 was announced.

Dude, just stop. It's embarrassing. Xbox was just a tad less restrictive with dvd than Nintendo was (Xbox also sold more). Meanwhile ps2 wasn't restrictive at all and played dvd out of the box.

Xbox didn't have games when compared to Nintendo either. Still sold more.

Ps4 was not.

Wow... 4 years and nvidia stop production on the chips which killed xbox original

Wyrdness said:
daredevil.shark said:
Just give me a decent spec and normal controller. And cheap price. Will get NX for select exclusives.

They did with the GC their second worst performing console.

It's really quite depressing isn't it? GameCube is pretty much my favourite Nintendo home console, maybe tied with the SNES.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

DoctorHorrible said:

Dude, just stop. It's embarrassing. Xbox was just a tad less restrictive with dvd than Nintendo was (Xbox also sold more). Meanwhile ps2 wasn't restrictive at all and played dvd out of the box.

Xbox didn't have games when compared to Nintendo either. Still sold more.

Ps4 was not.

Wow... 4 years and nvidia stop production on the chips which killed xbox original

Yes it's embarassing from you, PS2 was the weakest of the 3 that gen that's as big a restriction any other also Xbox had more games released on it this highlights how little you know of history despite touting it, it's been long rumoured MS had a deal with some developers to not release some of their games on GC. PS4 was largge dude don't make it laugh, I have a launch day model.

MikeRox said:

It's really quite depressing isn't it? GameCube is pretty much my favourite Nintendo home console, maybe tied with the SNES.

Good fun console but it showed that doing what people say in just doing what the competition does is actually a bad move.