By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So we're gonna see Paper Mario Color Splash tomorrow. Does anyone still believe it wont be Sticker Star 2?

Color Splash essentially Sticker Star 2?

Yes, unfortunately. 42 60.87%

No, it'll be something different. 27 39.13%

Total:69
KLXVER said:
People sure hate this game.lol

Of course it wont be as great as the first two, but I'm just glad we`re not getting another Super Paper Mario.

As disappointed as I am that there's no leveling up in Color Splash, I will still take this game over Super Paper Mario as well...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Sorry...

Double post...

Have a nice day...

I liked Sticker Star, but it is the worst Paper Mario. I'm a bit disappointed that Color Splash is so similar.

To be honest, Super Paper Mario is my favorite, but both 64 and GC games were awesome.

We most likely will never see another classic paper mario as long as the Mario & Luigi series continues. GameXplain asked a Color Splash developer why there aren't battle elements like the first 2 games and the dev essentially said "We wanted to depart from the first 2 games because of the Mario & Luigi games from Alphadream". Well crud.

I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised by this trailer.

The game looks way better than Sticker Star despite sharing most of its problems in battles, it would be that enough to be a good game? I dont know but it certainly does not look like a boring game at all, for what I have seen in the Treehouse it has humour, charm, a lot of variety, a nice level design and is completely GORGEOUS to look at.

Also it seems to be some kind of paint management that could improve a the battles compared to SS so maybe this could end up being decent after all.

Around the Network
Altruino said:

Sticker Star, despite selling as much as The Thousand-Year Door if not moreso now, was not as engaging as TTYD to these users so they lambast it like a sorrowful hive-mind (not saying the game was all that great, but even I'm not that frothing-at-the-mouth aggitated at it like those thumbs-downing the new trailer or OP here).

If at a discount somewhere, I may give the game an honest shot instead of blindingly generalizing it because it's not TTYD 2 like so many here baselessly hoped for.

The opened-minded will always take all possibilities into consideration. The close-minded will not even attempt to go beyond their one-track perceived notions.

How hypocritical, you're blindly generalizing Paper Mario fans saying all of our reasoning is the same being simply because it's not TTYD2. An open-minded person would know there's a good possibly that's not the case. I still very much enjoyed SPM despite also having different style and gameplay from TTYD.

Nem said:

The art style looks pretty good. Not long ago sony was making a fuss about Tearaway with its paper craft and this looks even better. Much like a coloring book.

Now wether the gameplay is good or not, i don't know.

Well I guess there are those who buy games to look at them. :L

Ljink96 said:
We most likely will never see another classic paper mario as long as the Mario & Luigi series continues. GameXplain asked a Color Splash developer why there aren't battle elements like the first 2 games and the dev essentially said "We wanted to depart from the first 2 games because of the Mario & Luigi games from Alphadream". Well crud.

That should change if fan backlash is loud enough via falling sales and actual written feedback from Paper Mario fans.

KLAMarine said:
Ljink96 said:

That should change if fan backlash is loud enough via falling sales and actual written feedback from Paper Mario fans.

Yeah, you would think. But this is NIntendo we're talking too. Stubborn Nintendo. The only one that shows desire for change is Aonuma and Zelda.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Altruino said:

Sticker Star, despite selling as much as The Thousand-Year Door if not moreso now, was not as engaging as TTYD to these users so they lambast it like a sorrowful hive-mind (not saying the game was all that great, but even I'm not that frothing-at-the-mouth aggitated at it like those thumbs-downing the new trailer or OP here).

If at a discount somewhere, I may give the game an honest shot instead of blindingly generalizing it because it's not TTYD 2 like so many here baselessly hoped for.

The opened-minded will always take all possibilities into consideration. The close-minded will not even attempt to go beyond their one-track perceived notions.

How hypocritical, you're blindly generalizing Paper Mario fans saying all of our reasoning is the same being simply because it's not TTYD2. An open-minded person would know there's a good possibly that's not the case. I still very much enjoyed SPM despite also having different style and gameplay from TTYD.

Nem said:

The art style looks pretty good. Not long ago sony was making a fuss about Tearaway with its paper craft and this looks even better. Much like a coloring book.

Now wether the gameplay is good or not, i don't know.

Well I guess there are those who buy games to look at them. :L

Is that not what kirby's yarn and yoshy whooly were supposed to be aswell? 

Look, i am not disagreeing with you. It may very be that these games are bad. But, you haven't said why, so all i got is the good looking footage i see to go by. I can't very well say its terrible based on that alone.

Nem said:

Is that not what kirby's yarn and yoshy whooly were supposed to be aswell? 

Look, i am not disagreeing with you. It may very be that these games are bad. But, you haven't said why, so all i got is the good looking footage i see to go by. I can't very well say its terrible based on that alone.

Uh, no? Nowhere does it say that using a different artstyle means the game is meant to be looked at rather than played. Woolly World's amazing visuals is only part of the reason why that game is god tier overall.

"No characters and likely no story with a barebones battle system that's pointless looks quite interesting?" You can clearly see that in the trailer, all characters are generic toads, progression is goal based rather than story driven, and the very limited battle systems that rewards you with nothing you can't find out in the open speaks for itself.