By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Struggles to Run Zelda: BotW

Soundwave said:

Anyone else notice the frame rate dips? Especially when the camera is rotating around Link and there's a large depth of view in the distance (so the system has to render a massive environment) it seems like the frame rate at times chugs down to definitely sub 25 fps. 

It's not hugely terrible or anything but it is noticable, the Wii U is definitely sweating to run a game of this scope. 

Lets hope the NX version can run at 60 fps @ 1080p, it would suck if Nintendo just ported the game to NX with no graphical enhancements like what happened with Twilight Princess. 

Its really funny how you got that title just from that! And it looks like majority of people here recommends wayching the official uploaded video before making this statement. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Oh please, could you check your facts before spreading false information? What is your proof? the trailer looked choppy as hell and then when they released the video in youtube it looked completely smooth, the same exact thing is gonna happen with the rest of the treehouse footage.

Ikr! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I played the both demos twice at e3. The first demo has frame rate problems, the second one doesn't. Also, the first one is a generated scenario so its normal it goes slow at moments, i mean, its not the real game. The other one, the one they called "story mode" runs smoothly.

Culipechi said:
I played the both demos twice at e3. The first demo has frame rate problems, the second one doesn't. Also, the first one is a generated scenario so its normal it goes slow at moments, i mean, its not the real game. The other one, the one they called "story mode" runs smoothly.

Which was which? Was the first demo the open grasslands, and the second the mini-dungeon?

curl-6 said:
Culipechi said:

Which was which? Was the first demo the open grasslands, and the second the mini-dungeon?

the first one is the open grasslands, and the second one is not a mini dungeon, its the game as it starts, from its begining, like if you purchased the game and start to play it. The thing is you cant beat the game because you only have 15 minutes to play it. :(