Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Bound' E3 Trailer

Wright said:

Why would it be gay to like it?

I think this game looks beautiful... but i strangely think your beautiful so what does that say about me?



Around the Network
venomcarnage said:
I think your gonna get all the attention you seem to be seeking with that title.

Yup that was my intention lol. I think straight male gamers should try it and never be dissuaded by the character design and the ballet theme that's what I'm just sayin. 😎



Right, because it's your sexual orientation that determines whether you can like a game or not.



cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Are you seriously using the word "gay" in a negative or undesirable way? Get a life kid.

I agree that that word is not desirable these days. But do you know a subsitute for it to describe the same attribute/property/feeling?



About the game, I don't like it. There's too much effort put in to make it feel "artsy" and the art style per se doesn't attract me. I don't like the shapes and the combination of colors.



Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Are you seriously using the word "gay" in a negative or undesirable way? Get a life kid.

I agree that that word is not desirable these days. But do you know a subsitute for it to describe the same attribute/property/feeling?

If you're trying to portray a wimpy, sissy, flauntsy game then any of the above would do. Using a group of people to describe a negative attribute that stereotypes them shows that the OP lacks intelligence to see beyond stereotypes and hates gay people. If neither of these things were true, then he wouldn't use their category negatively and in a false stereotype (because they are all wimpy?). And these days? It was all a bad thing to stereotype people. It's just that back then, in those days, people were dicks about many things. Just like the N word was fine?



kurasakiichimaru said:
venomcarnage said:
I think your gonna get all the attention you seem to be seeking with that title.

Yup that was my intention lol. I think straight male gamers should try it and never be dissuaded by the character design and the ballet theme that's what I'm just sayin. 😎

There are straight, masculine men our there like myself with empathy and common sense. It takes an actual man, and not a little boy, to see above your mind set.



Slimebeast said:

I agree that that word is not desirable these days. But do you know a subsitute for it to describe the same attribute/property/feeling?

How about 'camp'? Generally not used in a derogatory way and used as a sense of 'style'. Camp is used for certain things and people and it holds no sexual preference. Unless others feel the term is derogatory, I don't.



Hmm, pie.

Simply superb. One of the few games (ever) I will buy day 1.



The Fury said:
Slimebeast said:

I agree that that word is not desirable these days. But do you know a subsitute for it to describe the same attribute/property/feeling?

How about 'camp'? Generally not used in a derogatory way and used as a sense of 'style'. Camp is used for certain things and people and it holds no sexual preference. Unless others feel the term is derogatory, I don't.

I agree. As there are straight camp fellas and non camp gay fellas. It also correctly describes that the OP would not be masculine enough to play a camp game for fear that his masculinity might disappear.