By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy is back baby

Tagged games:

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Tactics is up next! I was lucky enough to find a gently used copy at a local store.

Then 8, 9, and so on. And I still need to go back and play 2 and 5 - I have those on those PS1 collection discs. And I have FF3 for DS, so I need to tackle that.

It's kind of overwhelming 0_0

Do it so you can join the Final Fantasy VIII hate club

Around the Network

That they are releasing a shitload of games doesn't mean we're at a good point in time to be a FF fan.

Let's just wait and see what FFXV has become. Which is actually all that matters when it comes to the name FF.

Overflowing the market with their games hasn't helped before as I recall a lot of people were done with the brand some years ago becasue of all the numbered and named FF games being re-re-released...

You forgot to mention however that FFXIV is still holding up quite well in the mmo world. It's a great game.

Ka-pi96 said:
Player2 said:

Do it so you can join the Final Fantasy VIII love club

Fixed

I agree! FF8 is awesome

think-man said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Fixed

I agree! FF8 is awesome

Ka-pi96 said:
Player2 said:

Do it so you can join the Final Fantasy VIII love club

Fixed

People say love is blind and they are absolutely right.

Player2 said:

But the game looks fantastic for when it was made. :-?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Player2 said:

Looks aren't everything. 

Acevil said:
The Fury said:

Looks aren't everything. 

Gameplay was great too... remember, the term 'bad final fantasy' still means 'good game'.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Acevil said:

Looks aren't everything. 

Gameplay was great too... remember, the term 'bad final fantasy' still means 'good game'.

Ya, the draw system was the greatest thing that ever happened! /s

My gripes with it always will actually be disc 2-4's plot. 

Acevil said:
The Fury said:

Ya, the draw system was the greatest thing that ever happened! /s

My gripes with it always will actually be disc 2-4's plot. 

See, already have it wrong. 'Junction system', Draw was just an ability in the system. I mean, it's no real difference to earning spheres to level up in 10 or having to equip items to learn abilities in 9. The key to the game were the GF abilities, not drawing. If you were sensible you had your GF learn 'convert' abilties first, meaning draw is never used. Items you get from battles are converted to magic and junctioned to a stat to boost it. You had more control over 'roles' in your party than any other FF game because you could create a tank, a healer and a dps, while in many FF games, usually they are interchangeable or doesn't matter.

Yet, I can see the latter, did get a little confusing .... for some. Time travel.

Hmm, pie.

I only really like FFX

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.