By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka-Laylee E3 2016 Trailer

DoctorHorrible said:
Dulfite said:
I am SO excited for this game. Delayed to q1 2017 maybe for NX launch?

Seriously. I may have not even been as excited about ShovelKnight. This could be the greatest indie game ever for me personally. I love the way this trailer looks and sounds and I really love the insult to RARE making a car based Banjo game last time lol that was hilarious.

3rd parties aren't going to delay their game for Nintendo. They even give the reasons why. Hopefully they fix what I pointed out

They don't have to delay it just for the NX, but if they are going to delay it anyway and the NX is close enough, why not just port it? If the NX is as easy to port as the rumours say, it shouldn't take that much time, and they'd gain a new platform.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Q1 2017 = NX too?

Darwinianevolution said:
DoctorHorrible said:

3rd parties aren't going to delay their game for Nintendo. They even give the reasons why. Hopefully they fix what I pointed out

They don't have to delay it just for the NX, but if they are going to delay it anyway and the NX is close enough, why not just port it? If the NX is as easy to port as the rumours say, it shouldn't take that much time, and they'd gain a new platform.

Funds, man power deficiency, no dev kit yet, deadlines. Not saying it won't make its way. Just saying if it doesn't then there are a lot of reasons why

God, this is triggering all of the right spots for me, just like Shovel Knight did. And I wasn't even huge into Banjo until like last year, so the nostalgia argument any detractors make falls flat here.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

That ending
So buying this day 1

Around the Network
jnk4 said:

im curios if it will really come to wii u or if they will cancel that version and made an nx version. Wii U version could be hard to make (alot less power then competition, only power pc based device)

ill get it for my ps4 anyways, will have better graphics/resolution/framerate then on my wii u

I'll probably come out on the Wii U. Don't forget that the guys at Playtonic do have experience coding for PowerPC based systems and seeing how the Unity Engine has full support for the Wii U that'll make things easier (the Unity Engine can cross-compile most things developed in it so my take is it won't be much trouble).

Excited to get it on my Wii U, but I might double dip if it's good and but the PC version as well.

Oh yeah, day 1!

this looks fun and I'll probably pick it up. the game mechanics look awesome and they seem to haven't gotten the Banjo Kazooie vibe right

my only complaint is visually maybe I feel its a tinyyyyy bit off, like too clean looking. Looks a bit more 'Spyro' style than Banjo Kazooie-esque to me. 

still pumped though. just sucks about the delay. it seems everythingggggg crowdfunded in video games is delayed

Awesome.

I'm feeling so nostalgic watching this trailer. It's so much Banjo, it's so much classic 3D platformer, it's so much classic Rare. I wouldn't at all be surprised if this game magically ends up proudly on my shelves.