By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Djokovic surpasses Nadal and Federer...Why?

The Legend achieved the all four Grand Slams since 1969, had won everything but Cincinatti and the Olympics and still counting maybe... Refute it...

Around the Network

He has a shot at the 4 Grand slams + gold olympic medal. With Nadal injured and playing bad, a decaying Federer, and the closest competition he has being Murray, there's no stopping him.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
He has a shot at the 4 Grand slams + gold olympic medal. With Nadal injured and playing bad, a decaying Federer, and the closest competition he has being Murray, there's no stopping him.

True. I may have hyperboled with him surpassing Federer but I think the ncygs does unquestionably puts him in one of the GoATs debates.

Both Federer and Nadal also have won all of the four Grand Slams before. He still needs two Grand Slam wins to tie Nadal and five to tie Federer. But he is currently the highest ranked tennis player of all time when it comes to career earnings with almost $100 million in prize money earned Federer is second and Nadal is third.

no one can argue against it being an impressive stat

however also no one can argue against the fact that competition is as weak as it has been in a LONG time. old top players like Nadal/Fed are clearly declined. Murray still a mental midget in big matches. the youngsters are terrible, we have a whole generation from like age 18-25 who are pretty much garbage.

I can't even think of another era in tennis where the younger batches of players were so bad and MIA. its disturbing for the future of the sport

and Novak didn't achieve all 4 slams in the same season, doing that builds up a lotttt more pressure. like it or not contained seasons in ANY sport = built up pressure. its the same reason that huge winning streaks are rare for baseball and basketball teams

Nadal is the greatest player of all time on clay. Federer has 17 slams. I still don't think Djokovic has an achivement that matches them in that regard. I think he's getting closer to Nadal but 12>14 and frankly, again, I don't think you could strongly consider Novak the 'greatest' of any particular surface of all time. Federer overall hasmore HC slams than him (Aus Open + US Open) and in fact HC is his second favorite surface behind grass

congratulations to Novak but its an absurd thing to say that he's above Nadal yet, let alone Federer (that's laughable)

Around the Network

Boris becker is his couch, thats why

MartinD said:

so that's why Djokovic never gets tired, he gets to have a rest by sitting on Boris Becker 😂

Chris Hu said:
Both Federer and Nadal also have won all of the four Grand Slams before. He still needs two Grand Slam wins to tie Nadal and five to tie Federer. But he is currently the highest ranked tennis player of all time when it comes to career earnings with almost $100 million in prize money earned Federer is second and Nadal is third.

He has won all four grand slams at once in a non-calendar year which was never been done since Rod Laver during 1969.

It doesn't matter how many slams Nadal and Federer wins, both are past their primes and will never do calendar or non calendar ever. It's a mark of utter complete dominance in the past 12 months. No one is going to take that away from him.

He's done so well recently and he definitely deserved the win today. Murray did a valiant job and probably deserves more than two Slams (having been in ten finals) but today was rightly Djokovic's day. Hopefully he'll get more credit now he has all four; who's to say this run will end any time soon?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

zippy said:
MartinD said:

so that's why Djokovic never gets tired, he gets to have a rest by sitting on Boris Becker 😂

No