By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you be excited if Sony announces PlayStation NEO at E3?

Will you be excited if Sony announces Play Station NEO at E3?

Yes, confirmations get me hyped! 92 28.66%

Yes, I'll get mildly excited. 58 18.07%

No, I don't get hyped about old news. 14 4.36%

No, I couldn't care less. 113 35.20%

Other 16 4.98%

See Results 28 8.72%

Total:321
Nem said:
Nope. It's bad news for the future of the market, so on thecontrary, i will be quite concerned.

How is more options bad for the consumers?

Around the Network

Exited form them to announce/unveil it? Not really but I'll likely buy one and sell my current PS4 just because it's there, I don't really understand Sony's plan behind throwing out a NEO though as enthusiasts such as myself will grab it but buyers like that will be such a small percentage as it really is a minimal investment but the majority of people will be annoyed that they have just bought a PS4 and a new console in essence is available.

Sony have the momentum and would be unstoppable without a NEO so I don't see why they decided on a NEO as the only thing that could slow them down this gen is themselves and I think NEO could potentially do that making people more hesitant to buy thinking it may be replaced in a couple of years.

All I expect the NEO to be anyway is games that are capped at 30fps for example and have dips to mid 20's will now run a stable 30fps, I really can't see developers putting more time into resolution and texture upgrades apart from first party studios to push the specs and say "Look how good the graphics are on the NEO are".

I hope they don´t actually

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Ruler said:
Nem said:
Nope. It's bad news for the future of the market, so on thecontrary, i will be quite concerned.

How is more options bad for the consumers?

More options? You mean worse options.

More options in this case isn't a good thing.

Look, people buy a console for 5 years. To have it be replaced within 2 years isn't gonna roll with the market, and it well shouldn't. We are beeing charged twice for something we usually are charged once. No one needs that option. First parties need to focus more on making games, not hardware.

I will tell you... why are you excited about the Neo? What if a Neo 2 comes 2 years later? You will pay 1200 dollars/euros for what you usually payed 400 dollars/euro for. Give me a break... thats not options, thats gouging. It's beeing taken for a fool.

Nope, I wouldn't be pissed either but I am not a fan of the idea of incremental consoles

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Want to know details before knowing how I think about it.

The announcement of the NEO won't do anything for me, unless they show side by side benchmarks between OG vs NEO.

yeah. i love sony and i love playstation