By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Economic migrants from Africa flooding Europe! This needs to stop!

Your thoughts?

Yes, these people aren't... 111 54.68%

No, they're refugees, an... 49 24.14%

We shouldn't encourage t... 43 21.18%

Total:203
barneystinson69 said:

How about the USA do something for once

well we can agree on that

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
KLXVER said:

If you care so much about people, then maybe care about the thousands of people dying trying to reach Europe. They arent fleeing their own countries because they just dont like it there. Its usually a matter of life or death.

Can you please give me an example? Because I didn't know Nigeria was suddenly a warzone. Libya is facing instability, but it isn't like the middle east. I don't think 100,000s of people are facing death in these countries...

They wouldnt be risking their own lives and the lives of their family to get away from nothing...

KLXVER said:
barneystinson69 said:

And can you explain what is wrong with my opinion? I'll be more than happy to discuss it.

Why do you care? I mean you living in Canada and all...

Do you need to be an european to care about the situation?I mean, fi there is a war somewhere and people are dieng on it, there is no problem since I dont live there right?

Think before you post something like this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

WolfpackN64 said:
If these people are willing to risk limb and life to get in Europe to flee poverty, bad conditions, political persecution or else, why shouldn't they be welcome.

We signed the Human Rights treaty and we're going to enforce it by any means necessary.

Because it encourages an endless supply of people to come in. You tell me how Europe is going to maintain millions of migrants every year. You tell me how much this'll cost. You tell me the consequences the generations after yours will face because of these actions! You've shown no remorse for your people or country, which faces so many problems with immigrants! 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

KLXVER said:
barneystinson69 said:

Can you please give me an example? Because I didn't know Nigeria was suddenly a warzone. Libya is facing instability, but it isn't like the middle east. I don't think 100,000s of people are facing death in these countries...

They wouldnt be risking their own lives and the lives of their family to get away from nothing...

Why not? I don't see many children in these photos, so what do they have to lose? You're trying to deflect the argument and won't give me concrete proof as to why these people need to leave. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
hershel_layton said:

Go ahead,I could care less. I only find it a bit tiring that the topics are always the same. Perhaps spicen it up? Talk about different subjects?

Again, your choice, but thats my two cents...

This is about Africa, not the middle east. I could talk about this, or how Donald Trump spews more crap then ever before. I could also talk about Turkey and its corrupt leadership blackmailing Europe, but it would relate with the refugees as well.

In a way, yes. However, I think you may be a *bit* biased against refugees.

It's not like they'd leave their country for no reason. America and Europe are simply light years ahead of most countries. You can't blame them for wanting a better life. 

Put yourself in their shoes. Imagine being stuck in a place such as Afghanistan. Wouldn't you risk your life to get out of there? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I agree with you.Unfortunaly the situation wont be resolved, because their own countries, the ones those "refugees" comes from, are a terrible mess.And for as hard as it is, Europe need to do this, otherwise this will only get worse, and they will see themselves in a crisis in no time.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
KLXVER said:

Why do you care? I mean you living in Canada and all...

Do you need to be an european to care about the situation?I mean, fi there is a war somewhere and people are dieng on it, there is no problem since I dont live there right?

Think before you post something like this.

Well he seems to not want people to come here. Why does he care if he doesnt live here? I still dont know why he hates the idea...

barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:
If these people are willing to risk limb and life to get in Europe to flee poverty, bad conditions, political persecution or else, why shouldn't they be welcome.

We signed the Human Rights treaty and we're going to enforce it by any means necessary.

Because it encourages an endless supply of people to come in. You tell me how Europe is going to maintain millions of migrants every year. You tell me how much this'll cost. You tell me the consequences the generations after yours will face because of these actions! You've shown no remorse for your people or country, which faces so many problems with immigrants! 

Oh please. The problems! Belgium can handle much more then we're handling now. Incidents with immigrants haven't been severe except for some brawls between immigrants in migration centra, which was mainly due to poor conditions. The consequences will be that the nationalists will have to accept that our society, which is now more then ever (and always has been) multi-cultural, will become more cosmopolitan.

We could build walls, but when did that ever work? I stand by my point. Or we accept them, or aid in their own regions or we'll have to withdraw from the Human Rights declaration.

Spoiler alert: the last one ain't happening.

Nautilus said:
I agree with you.Unfortunaly the situation wont be resolved, because their own countries, the ones those "refugees" comes from, are a terrible mess.And for as hard as it is, Europe need to do this, otherwise this will only get worse, and they will see themselves in a crisis in no time.

But why exactly? How about we actually fix the root of the problem, which is these countries are piss poor! Encourage having less children, encourage women to work, encourage people to fight for fair wages! Get the corrupt leaders and banks off the backs of these people, and fight for a better country! Look at South Africa, it has its problems but its far better than most of the continent!