By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer- They Are Biased Against The Wii... Their Reviews Prove It

I have been noticing a pattern of Eurogamer dragging down Wii scores on Gamerankings so I did some research. And it is very true, Eurogamer almost aways has one of THE lowest reviews for any Wii game. They need to cut it out...  Some of these reviews dont even make any sense... 7/10 for RE4? 5/10 for RRR2? 6/10 for EO? They are really ridiculous.

Other reviewesr that I have seen that give really bad score for some games, you know the kind that make you go WTF!!, usually give higher for some others. Not Eurogamer....

RE4- 7/10 (lowest review on Gamerankings)

MKWii- 8/10 (again lowest so far on GR)

Z&W- 8/10 (bottom 20% of scores)

Super Paper Mario- 8/10 (again one of the lowest scores)

NMH 8/10 (below the average, not as bad as the other were)

TP- 9/10 (great score, but again one of the lowest.... besides gamespot and some other unknown sites)

Wario Ware - 7/10 (5th lowest out of 63 reviews)

Bully 8/10 (15th out of 20 reviews)

Endless Ocean 6/10 (only 2 reveiws out of 35 were worse)

Ghost Squad 6/10 (40+ reviews this is one of the lowest)

RRR2 5/10 (terribly low score, out of 36 only one was lower)

RE:UC 7/10 (again right near the bottom)

RRR- 7/10 (much lower than the average score)

Monkey Ball- 6/10 (right near the bottom out of 60 reviews)

Exceptions.. SMG(they gave it a 10) MP3(a 9) and the trauma center series... those were the only 4 games they were actually higher than the average

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Or maybe they just don't do the decimal thing.

I agree with all the review scores you posted, I think Eurogamer just tend lean towards being harsh rather than being generous. Why complain that Mario Kart and Twilight Princess got 8/10 and 9/10, that seems a bit silly to me - did u want perfect scores.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

No I am just pointing out how flawed their system is. Like I pointed out they tend to take the low side on Wii games. Like if it is an 8.7 game for most places they give it a 8, instead of a 9... ALWAYS.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Thats just.....fails, maybe they did think tose games werent good

Around the Network

Well, to claim that, we have to look at their 360 and ps3 reviews. If they are generally higher up on these console reviews, then we could say that they are biased against the wii. If they are just as low on the 360 and ps3 reviews, then there is no bias, and they are generally harder reviewers than most.

NintendoMan said:
I agree with all the review scores you posted, I think Eurogamer just tend lean towards being harsh rather than being generous. Why complain that Mario Kart and Twilight Princess got 8/10 and 9/10, that seems a bit silly to me - did u want perfect scores.

I agree that people need to let up on who gives what scores. But in the OP's defense 7 for RE:4. That is retty rediculous.

How are their rating for other systems. If they are harsh on everyone that is fine but if they are all Kane & Lynch RULZ 10++++ then I get suspicious. 

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

bigjon said:
No I am just pointing out how flawed their system is. Like I pointed out they tend to take the low side on Wii games. Like if it is an 8.7 game for most places they give it a 8, instead of a 9... ALWAYS.

Please compare it to their record on PS3 and Xbox 360 to see if they are merely being harsh. Your evidence as stated does not back up the claim of bias against the Wii in particular.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

bigjon said:

I have been noticing a pattern of Eurogamer dragging down Wii scores on Gamerankings so I did some research. And it is very true, Eurogamer almost aways has one of THE lowest reviews for any Wii game. They need to cut it out... Some of these reviews dont even make any sense... 7/10 for RE4? 5/10 for RRR2? 6/10 for EO? They are really ridiculous.

Other reviewesr that I have seen that give really bad score for some games, you know the kind that make you go WTF!!, usually give higher for some others. Not Eurogamer....

RE4- 7/10 (lowest review on Gamerankings)

MKWii- 8/10 (again lowest so far on GR)

Z&W- 8/10 (bottom 20% of scores)

Super Paper Mario- 8/10 (again one of the lowest scores)

NMH 8/10 (below the average, not as bad as the other were)

TP- 9/10 (great score, but again one of the lowest.... besides gamespot and some other unknown sites)

Wario Ware - 7/10 (5th lowest out of 63 reviews)

Bully 8/10 (15th out of 20 reviews)

Endless Ocean 6/10 (only 2 reveiws out of 35 were worse)

Ghost Squad 6/10 (40+ reviews this is one of the lowest)

RRR2 5/10 (terribly low score, out of 36 only one was lower)

RE:UC 7/10 (again right near the bottom)

RRR- 7/10 (much lower than the average score)

Monkey Ball- 6/10 (right near the bottom out of 60 reviews)

Exceptions.. SMG(they gave it a 10) MP3(a 9) and the trauma center series... those were the only 4 games they were actually higher than the average

Those aren't the most absurd scores...

Would it make you feel better if they add .5 to their ratings are maybe go the 1up way with letter grades. I don't know they seem to follow a system and are sticking to it. If you don't like then start your own or don't read or follow their reviews. I understand people disagree with reviews. Basically if their views don't align with yours then ignore them.