By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Trusty Bell (Eternal Sonata) Hits #4 on Amazon JP

Larry, just a warning. I've seen a few 'extreme pro-PS3 anti-Wii/360' type of people and their propaganda activity on forums. The end fate of them all resulted in a warning from a mod -> BAN.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Around the Network

X-Box fanboys have to give up on the prospect of the 360 doing anything in Japan. It's never going to be more than a poorly selling system there. There's a stigma in Japan with Microsoft that's not going to go away. It may have a game once in a long while that breaks into the weekly top 20, but for God's sake no more 360 in Japan posts; they're worthless.

ihira said:
Larry, just a warning. I've seen a few 'extreme pro-PS3 anti-Wii/360' type of people and their propaganda activity on forums. The end fate of them all resulted in a warning from a mod -> BAN.

extreme pro-Anything is not ideal...I don't have time to read through "wowwwww"'s and "you so ignorant"s

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Amazon is not a gauge of a game's real popularity...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Amazon is not a gauge of a game's real popularity...

I totally agree, especially Japanese Amazon. Frankly, this thread quickly became about "Larry is ranting again" more than "Xbox360 is popular in Japan."

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Whatever larry... Trusty Bell is the best looking game on ANY system at the moment IMO *ads fuel to the fire* - Sorry I can't help myself

interesting how many copies they will sell. remeber like gears of war in japan in first week was sold out(34k), but in next few weeks only 14k they sold. =)) Though Folklore looks amazing.. interesting to see the battle between these two jrpgs.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

DKII said:
Amazon rankings are pretty worthless anyway.

True, but at this point it's far less interesting to discuss that than it is to start a "hey, let's all point and laugh at Larry!" thread.

It's awfully fun to laugh at the guy, you can't blame us.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

OriGin said:
Whatever larry... Trusty Bell is the best looking game on ANY system at the moment IMO *ads fuel to the fire* - Sorry I can't help myself

Thank you. Anyone who has played the Trusty Bell demo has to admit that the game is absolutely beautiful. I mean, it's gorgeous on a level that rivals Gears (though obviously in a completely different manner).

Playing the Trusty Bell demo made me think one thing:

"My God. I wish that Twilight Princess had this kind of hardware capabilities."

Imagine Miyamoto with the Wiimote and the X360 hardware to make the next Zelda game.

I think I just peed my pants. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Larry is right those positions change a lot...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!