By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PS4Neo + XBScorpio ... Is NX Screwed?

DonFerrari said:
Akeos said:

If 100 NX is always turn on, you will always have a part not use and can share 100% of power,  à part use to looking at vidéo or use to looking at Web site,  à part playing small games and juste need 20 to 30 % of NX's power... 

A console never be use at 100%,  my example is just a example,  in fact each NX in a Community Cloud could share varius %,  and it's not 100 NXs will be connect,  it's will be many millions NXs connect together.. With Community Cloud,  NX could multiplicate power 3 to 5 times easily... And could be help by Nintendo's DATA CENTER in Last case... 

You addressed only the first part of my point... you can go from 10 NXs turned on and ony one person being able to game at a time or 10M and 1M being able to play... it still would be 10% of the time allowed to play and the other 90% not being able to play, that would be ludicrous.

10 TFLOPS is a peak value ... Nintendo will limited the use of this variable power by providing a framework. For example, initially, Authorized the developers to use the material power of NX + 50% on the network that will form the NXS ... then with the extension of the network rationally increased variable power of cloud passing 75% then 100% to double the power equipment ...
if NX is equipped with Zen polaris> 4.4 TFLOPS in 2017 + 50%, or 6.6 TFLOPS> In 2018, 4.4 TFLOPS + 75%, or 7.7 TFLOPS> 2019, 4.4 flops + 100%, or 8.8 TFLOPS!

To double power in a cloud network with 100 NX, NX can be one that provides 100% power for 1 other NX; 2 NXS that provide 50% power for 1 other NX ; 100 NXS that provide 1% of their power to 1 other NX.

There's also that Nintendo could create its own "CLOUD ENGINE" (like Microsoft) except that it is not a DATA CENTER will provide additional power, the NXS networks connected together that share calculations.

DonFerrari said:
alabtrosMyster said:

The NX was supposed to be around the power range of the XB1 in its living room iteration, if I am not mistaken, it was screwed from the get go... now when the neo specs started to leak I was feeling the pain for nintendo, now with MSs system taking the spotlight specs wise... I wonder who is listening to Nintendo's song?

Will they pull off another wii? You can't predict that sort of thing, but if they don't have the specs mudding the water with some gimmick is their best bet!

I see some "collective cloud" delusions here, forget this, it works for torrents, but not for interactive anything... the xbox crouw went through this phase in the last 2 or 3 years... :-/

Cloud is possible... if you are basically only sending commands from your controller and receiving pixels... streaming, anything else isn't viable at the near future.

you're wrong, sharing calculation using virtualization does not need a lot of bandwidth.
Unlike the stream gaming that needs 6 to 75 Mbps for streaming HD and 25 to 300 Mbits in UHD (4K)!
I speak of the standard H264, H265 in its rates should be divided by 2.

The other mistake you make is that you confuse the private cloud as Microsoft and the community cloud ...
Private cloud is a server that is sometimes several hundred kilometers, causing a phenomenon of latency and makes the system highly dependent on the network state (saturated at certain times)
Community cloud is up multiple servers organize planetary grid, each NX will be connected to 100 NXS will be less than 20 KM from each other ... the latency phenomenon is almost non-existent, network saturation will also be less a problem ...

Community cloud works well, one of the best known is the control of the airspace, Country options manage its space and send information to other ...
it is particularly well adapted to companies is the same needs. In the video game, EVERY player has the same needs, geometric calculations, AI ....

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Microsoft's decision to make a new Xbox wasn't just a reaction the the Neo. If we subtract Sony's current market share, there is about 44-45% remaining to split between Microsoft and Nintendo. The ONLY reason why Microsoft's share isn't lower is because the Wii U is performing so poorly. The Nx has the attention of everyone. The only possible realistic outcome is that Nintendo will start to cut into Microsoft marketshare. Looking at the release timetables and the current marketshare, the only logical conclusion is that PS4 will continue to expand its marketshare. If Nx launches before X1-2, the only direction Microsoft's share can go is down.

Understanding this, it is easy to see why this leak was made so far in advance. As of now, the biggest threat to Microsoft IS Nintendo, not Sony, because Microsoft will be the first one to lose what marketshare is available and they will have NOTHING until the X1-2 launches. That folks is strategy.

The only market share Nintendo will be stealing with NX is from Nintendo itself, - Wii U and 3DS. And I would even expect them to lose more if 3rd parties don't come on board. There really is no reason for either PlayStation or Xbox fans to migrate over to NX.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Akeos said:
DonFerrari said:

You addressed only the first part of my point... you can go from 10 NXs turned on and ony one person being able to game at a time or 10M and 1M being able to play... it still would be 10% of the time allowed to play and the other 90% not being able to play, that would be ludicrous.

10 TFLOPS is a peak value ... Nintendo will limited the use of this variable power by providing a framework. For example, initially, Authorized the developers to use the material power of NX + 50% on the network that will form the NXS ... then with the extension of the network rationally increased variable power of cloud passing 75% then 100% to double the power equipment ...
if NX is equipped with Zen polaris> 4.4 TFLOPS in 2017 + 50%, or 6.6 TFLOPS> In 2018, 4.4 TFLOPS + 75%, or 7.7 TFLOPS> 2019, 4.4 flops + 100%, or 8.8 TFLOPS!

To double power in a cloud network with 100 NX, NX can be one that provides 100% power for 1 other NX; 2 NXS that provide 50% power for 1 other NX ; 100 NXS that provide 1% of their power to 1 other NX.

There's also that Nintendo could create its own "CLOUD ENGINE" (like Microsoft) except that it is not a DATA CENTER will provide additional power, the NXS networks connected together that share calculations.

DonFerrari said:

Cloud is possible... if you are basically only sending commands from your controller and receiving pixels... streaming, anything else isn't viable at the near future.

you're wrong, sharing calculation using virtualization does not need a lot of bandwidth.
Unlike the stream gaming that needs 6 to 75 Mbps for streaming HD and 25 to 300 Mbits in UHD (4K)!
I speak of the standard H264, H265 in its rates should be divided by 2.

The other mistake you make is that you confuse the private cloud as Microsoft and the community cloud ...
Private cloud is a server that is sometimes several hundred kilometers, causing a phenomenon of latency and makes the system highly dependent on the network state (saturated at certain times)
Community cloud is up multiple servers organize planetary grid, each NX will be connected to 100 NXS will be less than 20 KM from each other ... the latency phenomenon is almost non-existent, network saturation will also be less a problem ...

Community cloud works well, one of the best known is the control of the airspace, Country options manage its space and send information to other ...
it is particularly well adapted to companies is the same needs. In the video game, EVERY player has the same needs, geometric calculations, AI ....

Ok man, if you want to pretend this will happen I won't be the one to steal your mariola.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

alabtrosMyster said:

The NX was supposed to be around the power range of the XB1 in its living room iteration, if I am not mistaken, it was screwed from the get go... now when the neo specs started to leak I was feeling the pain for nintendo, now with MSs system taking the spotlight specs wise... I wonder who is listening to Nintendo's song?

Will they pull off another wii? You can't predict that sort of thing, but if they don't have the specs mudding the water with some gimmick is their best bet!

I see some "collective cloud" delusions here, forget this, it works for torrents, but not for interactive anything... the xbox crouw went through this phase in the last 2 or 3 years... :-/

haha, no.

Ninty doesn't want NX to compete with beefed-up models of 8th gen, but with standard ones, and possibly to be different enoguh to have a potential user base of its own, including core Ninty gamers, but also many other people, and not have to share it with competitors

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Isn't this kinda the worst case scenario, that NX would be late to the market (2017) and would overlap into much more powerful next-gen Sony/MS hardware?

I guess the consensus 6 months ago was that NX would surely at least have 2-3 years more as a parity or even superior console, while Sony/MS sat idly by but it seems like VR pushed Sony into Neo, and MS was planning on Scorpio for a while. 

Scorpio seems more like a full-on XBox 2 with incredible 6 TFLOP performance (per Kotaku/Polygon leaks) but even PS4Neo at 4 TFLOP is a fairly impressive hardware leap forward. 

Was Nintendo banking hard on Sony/MS maintaining the status quo of the vanilla PS4/XB1 models for several more years? If the NX is somewhere between 1-2 TFLOPS (ranging from just below an XB1 to just over a PS4) ... it's pretty badly outdated from day 1 like the Wii U was. 

The console market is also getting oversaturated too, PS4 Neo, PS4, XBox Scorpio, XBox One, NX ... that's going to be 5 consoles in roughly 1 1/2 years. Are third parties seriously going to prioritize Nintendo in this equation? 

It doesn't look too great right now for the NX, even though I do think they will correct a lot of the mistakes of the Wii U, much like Sega with the Dreamcast, they are headed into a hardware tsunami I think.

Always funny to look at Soundwave's ridiculous posts.

TH-Work said:
No one can answer this question :)

I can !

This was a good read. Thank you, Oneeee-Chan!!!

Looks like NX wasn't screwed by Neo and Scorpio

Dat necro tho.