By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Cost of living in Oregon rises $3/hour.... In 2016 alone.

Mr Puggsly said:

Well red states generally have a lower cost of living.

Be curious if cost of living changes affects political affliation or if political affiliation effects cost of living.  In general cities where cost of living is higher are blue dots in a red field of rural areas where property is cheap.

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
kyokusanagi said:

What!!!

I live in Washington and the rent is not that high, I think it depends the area because it cost you between 750 to 1100 around here, I live in a house and I pay 715 for 3 bedroom. 

Is nice to have neighbors :)

The research I've done, and I have absolutely looked into this as Washington is a relative to Oregon, does indeed suggest that WA, very specifically Seattle is more expensive than The housing we can afford down here. There are exceptions, absolutely, I have a friend living in my very city that spends around $800/month for a small house but this is not even remotely representive of the overall market. Go on Craigslist and you will see that housing is even more inflated up North. I find that housing is about cheaper in Pyuallup and surrounding areas.

Ok, that make sense, seattle is really expensive i know some people that came from there because they couldn't afford it.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Nymeria said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well red states generally have a lower cost of living.

Be curious if cost of living changes affects political affliation or if political affiliation effects cost of living.  In general cities where cost of living is higher are blue dots in a red field of rural areas where property is cheap.

Well I imagine the politicians they vote for impact the cost of living.

Liberals are notoriously big spenders and generally raise taxes.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)